Tuesday, March 27, 2012

For My Biker Babes



Gift baskets set the tone for a fun weekend getaway for me, Mary Ashley and Emma last week.





"Bicycle" baskets from Michaels feature a hook on the back. Tied to the head rests on the front seats of the van, these baskets kept little treats within easy reach during the trip.





I found these silver bottles at Dollar Tree and dressed them up with scrapbook paper labels and monogrammed bicycle tags. I tied the tags on with thin ribbons, which gave the effect of bicycle streamers.





The girls love having little notebooks, but I couldn't find any that matched our pink and yellow palette. So I picked up journals from the $1 bin and recovered them with scrapbook paper and pink bicycle labels. I knew Mary Ashley and Emma would be delighted to discover new markers. They loved these double-tipped Cra-Z-art markers, and I appreciate that they are washable.





And how perfect is this Barbie Spring into Style coloring book with flocked stickers? These looked adorable tucked into our baskets and provided great entertainment for the drive. Mary Ashley pointed out that there is even a picture of Barbie riding a bike in Spring into Style.





So we were all set for drawing, writing and coloring, but I knew the girls might enjoy a sweet treat.





I picked up a favorite candy for each of the girls and repackaged them to coordinate with our baskets. If only Swedish Fish came in pink and yellow!





The girls' eyes lit up when they saw these pink and yellow baskets full of springtime surprises! We were ready to roll for a special girls getaway weekend. There is so much more loveliness to come, so I hope you will drop in again soon.



"Poor, dear, silly Spring, preparing her annual surprise!" ~ Wallace Stevens




Blog Widget by LinkWithin