Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let's Do Lunch! (And Other Bloggy Business)

It's time for a girls day out! If you love blogging and live in the Montgomery, Ala., area, plan to join us for lunch at Eastside Grille on Saturday, October 4th, at 11 a.m. Whether you have a blog, are thinking about starting one, or just love reading them, this will be a great opportunity to spend some time together. My friend Kristi is organizing our blog party, so stop by her blog to let her know if you can attend. I hope to see you there!



In other bloggy business:

(1) Have you downloaded the latest version of Google's Picasa photo editing software? With the updated program, you can touch-up photos, add text and make a variety of collages. Picasa is user friendly, and best of all, it's free! You can download it here.

(2) I have been tagged by Suzy of Belgrade, Serbia, to share seven random or interesting facts about myself.

1. I love planning birthday parties. When I was in kindergarten, I organized a surprise birthday party for my teacher and assigned my classmates items to bring.

2. I was born in North Dakota, but have lived most of my life in the South.

3. I am a preacher's daughter, and I was never rebellious.

4. I am a daddy's girl. My dad is the godliest man I know. (Maybe that explains #3.)

5. The day I met my husband in college, I called my best friend back home and told her that if this guy ever asked me out, I knew we would get married. He did, and we did!

6. I have such a sweet tooth, I am thinking of joining a friend in giving up sugar for a while.

7. I love decorating cakes. That could make #6 more difficult.

(3) And thank you to Stephanie and Judy for these awards! I have found these kindred spirits through blogging and appreciate their encouragement. Thanks, ladies!


11 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on the BATW flight to New Zealand. I'm glad I've resparked your interest in New Zealand.

I've been cruising your blog and I'm so inspired by your surprise party posts. You thought of everything and made it all so beautiful.

What a gift to give to someone.

Judy said...

I love that store...when they were on Wares Ferry I went there and got Jackson's pillowcases monogrammed. Thanks for the heads up about the cake plate....I haven't been in there since they moved but it's next to my mom's pharmacy. On QVC last week they had a 7 piece set which included a cake plate (with "holes), a 4 tiered plate thingy and a little bread basket...all for $55! I ordered it, it came yesterday and it's darling! When I went to order another one, they had all sold out so I'll have to get on wait list.

Shannon and I are going to try and come to the blog luncheon at Eastside Grille....can't wait to meet you!

Judy

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh how I wished I lived in Alabama right now!!!!!! I hope you ladies enjoy yourselves!!!!!!!!!! And you're very welcome for the award. I'd give you one everyday if I could. hah!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am Kristi Busby's Aunt Laura. My siblings and I are planning a party for my parents to celebrate their 85th and 90th birthdays, respectively, as well as their 65th wedding anniversary. All those events happened this year, but due to illness we were unable to mark them individually with celebrations as originally planned. Our chosen theme is Blessings (since we are so blessed to still have them with us)and I wondered if you might have any ideas for decorations, etc...Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Kristi's Aunt Laura McCann
mcclan5@bellsouth.net
I neglected to leave contact information. I hope you and your creative reader's juices will overflow with ideas!

Joy in the Burbs... said...

Hey, I'm a PK too. My dad is also a Godly man and very real. I never saw two sides of him. He's very consistent. I think that is why I never had a reason to be a rebellious PK. I'm sure you experienced the same thing. I always enjoy the beautiful pictures you post. God has certainly blessed you with a beautiful talent of hospitality and encouragment.
God Bless,
Joy

Laura said...

Ooooohhh! I am so jealous! I wish I could be there on the 4th! Unfortunately, it's the first week of hunting season and my mom and I are having a garage sale! Don't you KNOW that I wish I could be with you guys instead!

southern queen bee said...

That sounds like so much fun...wish I lived closer, I also wish I knew the person in the last comment...I LOVE garage sales

Jennifer P. said...

i think these random posts are the best! It's like a blogger buffet :)!

Suzy said...

It was nice to get to know you a little better, I am glad you played along.

Have a great weekend. Suzy

maryanne420 said...

i wish i lived near you all. i would have loved to attend. have a great time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin