Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

One of Carson's favorite memories is the family time we shared when our power was knocked out by a hurricane a couple of years ago. What could have been a stressful week without electricity turned into a special bonding time, as we sat around the kitchen table playing dominoes and eating peanut butter pie by candlelight. There must be power in this peanut butter pie recipe because to this day Carson's face lights up when we share this favorite family dessert.


Peanut Butter Pie
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
8 packets artificial sweetener
1 cup light peanut butter
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 16-ounce carton fat-free whipped topping
2 chocolate graham cracker crusts
Whipped topping and chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
Cream cheese, artificial sweetener and milk until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and beat until smooth. Fold whipped topping into peanut butter mixture and pour into crusts. Chill 5 to 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping and crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, if desired. (This pie freezes well and will keep frozen at least 2 to 3 months.)

12 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

I really must stop reading this blog so late at night. Impaired after midnight judgement wants me to make one of these and eat the whole thing....

Yummy!!!

Leah said...

YUM-O! Looks delicious!

Kathi said...

Yummy! I am gonna make this one...thx for sharing!!

Felicia Eis said...

Oh gosh that looks so good :)

Kellie said...

Oh My! That look s fantastic!

Can't wait to try the recipe

Cecily R said...

Yummmmmm. Sounds so good. I love that you took that time without power and really made it a wonderful memory. Worth way more than money...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog today!

Carly Winborne said...

This looks fantastic! Wish I had all these ingredients on hand for a surpise dessert tonight. I'll have to plan ahead on this one.

maryanne420 said...

okay, melissa, first the family banana split now the peanut butter pie. what are you doing to me? i'm trying so hard to lose the last few postpartum pounds.

...i must resist the pie.....

Meredith Teagarden said...

Yum! This looks divine!

Rebecca said...

This looks soooooo good! I will have to try this one!

Debbie said...

That looks so yummy...and it's making me hungry!

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

I am SO going to make this!
It's even on the "light" side! WHOOhOooO! SO happy I came here tonight!
Thanks so much!
Peanutbutter blessings! ;)
Lea
<*)))><

Blog Widget by LinkWithin