Friday, September 25, 2009

Join Us for Tea!

"Through the seasons, through the years, it's your friends who carry you through. What would you do without them -- these chosen sisters who laugh with you, cry with you, and speak truth to you? And what better way to celebrate the warmth and intimacy of beautiful friendship than with the warmest and most intimate of celebrations -- a tea?" -- Emilie Barnes, The Twelve Teas of Friendship

Today I am packing up my teacups to head to Valdosta, Ga., for a ladies day tomorrow at the Forrest Park Church of Christ. Our theme for the morning will be "Join Us for Tea and Open Your Heart." We will enjoy a morning of fellowship and Bible study. Then we will share afternoon tea, and I will offer some of my favorite tea party ideas in a special presentation. If you live in the area, please join us! Registration begins at 8 a.m. at the Forrest Park Church, located in Valdosta at 4263 Inner Perimeter Road.

10 comments:

Catherine said...

I wish I could...just a little far to travel for tea!! Sounds lovely though. Enjoy!

Rach said...

You should post your speaking schedule. One of these days I'm going to make it! Very cute picture or Emma!

Mrs. C... said...

Unfortunately, I do not live in your area, or anywhere even close. However, I love the idea, and am going to "borrow" it for my own church. Sometimes, we as ladies just need a moment to enjoy a cup of tea with our friends, sisters, and the most important guest, Christ Himself. I think He rather likes tea parties ;)Thank you for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Meliissa, It sounds like a lovely Saturday. I hope you will post lots of pictures and ideas. I host a tea at our Church in the Spring and I am already thinking ahead to what we will do.

Enjoy! Love, Debbi

Just a little something from Judy said...

It seems to me that you would be the perfect lady to speak to other women on "Joining Us for Tea and Open Your Heart." The beauty and ideas and inspiration that you share daily on this blog, will definitely bless each of them in a real way, like my visits do to this blog each time I come.

Lisadiana said...

I love tea in the evenings! I hope your event was fruitful.

PR Girl said...

You need your OWN tea line to sell! I'll create one for you if you want! I used to own a tea room in MN - now a tea company -

Lisa Wynn

www.artisanscup.com

Stacia said...

Hope you had a wonderful day in Valdosta! I lived there for 3yrs. and was a member of Forrest Park CoC! Loved it :) Now I live 2hrs north in Warner Robins. Your blog is beautiful :)

beachcat730 said...

Melissa,

No matter what my day has been, I just feel happy reading your lovely posts and seeing your beautiful family. I just love your blog and I get so many wonderful ideas from you!

The Home said...

Melissa, I'm Robyn Barnett's mom. Would you share your teacup lesson ideas with me? I too take my teacups on the road and share lessons from them!! You can email me at jmoudy@childshome.org. Jill

Blog Widget by LinkWithin