Monday, September 28, 2009

Tea for Two ...

Or 200! Daughter Emma and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend visit to the Forrest Park Church of Christ in Valdosta, Ga. We received a gracious welcome from these hospitable southern ladies, who prepared afternoon tea for several hundred ladies day participants. Different ladies of the congregation decorated tables for the event, so all were unique. And each one was beautiful!



The ladies placed a little wrapped gift at each place setting in keeping with the table's theme. Emma was so excited over the apple-scented candle she received, she wanted us to hurry home so we could "put some fire in it."



Each table reflected the personal style and interests of the lady who decorated it. With its natural elements and soothing color palette, this tablescape shows a love of the outdoors.



This tablescape made a big impact with vivid colors.



Silver teapots, fine china and an eye for detail create an elegant setting for afternoon tea.



While a wire teapot and black and white tableware give this setting a refined, graphic appeal.



Several ladies filled their tables with items collected during their travels around the world. This soothing table had a definite Asian flair.



While the rainbow colors in this tablescape reflect a love of Panama.



Little touches everywhere we looked said "welcome" and "we're so glad you're here" to all of us who joined the sweet ladies of Forrest Park at the tea table. Although there were several hundred of us in attendance, each of us left feeling like we were the honored guest.

Thank you, Forrest Park, for inviting us to tea!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like these ladies put on a beautiful event. I congratulate them on all of their efforts that made every guest seem special. Thanks for sharing the pics, Melissa. Debbi

Rebecca said...

I love how each table was so unique! Absolutely gorgeous!

Love Being a Nonny said...

What a GREAT idea to decorate each table different from the others. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

I loved seeing all these awesome tables!

Nikki said...

I had such a wonderful day Saturday! It was a pleasure to finally meet you and each of us were blessed by your visit as well as your lesson. Thank you for inspiring me to begin our own "Love Squad" and to be more aware of the needs of those around me.

Love,
Nikki Warren

Beth said...

It looks wonderful. What a wonderful idea. Nothing better than spending a day with your sisters in Christ and having tea.

Sharon said...

Loved looking at these!! I check on you often but don't have alot of tiem to commetn..just wanted you to know how much I love your blog!!

Rach said...

What a beautiful set up! I love how each is so unique.

Quick story. I thought of you and your daughters this weekend while I was at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival. I noticed "High Tea with the Queen" and "Princess Training" on the list of kids events! So cute. I sure hope I have a daughter some day.

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

What amazing tablescapes! We used to do the same thing with our MOPS group every May.

Thanks for sharing!

Louise said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Valdosta!!! Some of the best ladies I know are down there and I'm so glad you got to meet them!! :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

Isn't it fun to see so many different personalities revealed in the table decorations? You and your daughter must have felt very special with all that the Forrest Park church did for you. I would have enjoyed hearing you speak.

The Holtons said...

Sorry I missed seeing you on Saturday, my daughter was, and still is, sick. Mom said you did a great job!

I am sure I am one of the "best ladies" that Louise knows down here!)

Ginny Holton

Nancy said...

what lovely tablescapes!

Live.Love.Eat said...

That's such a beautiful idea to have the tables themed differently, showing off everyone's personal side.

MY_CRAFT_AND_ART_CREATIONS said...

Loved loking at these!!!
All fabulous!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin