Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ballerina Girl: Birthday Cake and Portrait

We held Emma's birthday party a week before her actual birthday, so I made her this heart-shaped cake to share with the family February 13th. It was sweet and pink, just like the Birthday Girl!

I wanted to get a birthday portrait of my ballerina girl and thought our dining room -- still empty from her ballerina tea party -- would be the perfect spot.



I asked her if I could take her picture in front of the window.



And I think she misunderstood my request.



This wasn't quite the look I was going for, but I have to admire her skills in holding this pose!

I would say that last photo is definitely worth an extra piece of cake!

17 comments:

Susan Wicker said...

Melissa, your cake is absolutely gorgeous. You are incredibly talented. The photos were great, too! Great post! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Rach said...

Very cute, and very pretty cake!

Susan said...

I needed a dose of pink !
Lovely cake!

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

That cake is soooo beautiful and Emma is just so cute! Tell her I said "happy birthday"!

Lorie said...

The cake is gorgeous and that picture PRICELESS!

Jeanette said...

You are so talented and such a lovely ballerina.

Debbie said...

I love the ruffles on that cake. Cake decorating is one talent that I wish I had.

And you couldn't have gotten better photos with a professional!

myletterstoemily said...

love the gorgeous cake and window pose.

she is such a doll.

blessings,
lea

parTea lady said...

Your cake is really pretty and the photos of your daughter are great.

Sue Sparks said...

Love that last photo:) Your cake is so pretty, and the ruffles look so delicate!

Princess Laura Lis said...

I love this cake, is fabulous! and "Happy birthday" to Emma!!

Sue Sparks said...

FYI...I have an award for you on my blog:)

cookies and cups said...

Gorgeous! I want a little girl so I can have a party like that! How sweet! I have all boys and there is nothing dainty about them ;)

Carmen said...

Your blog is always so beautiful!! I have been learking for years! The pictures are so inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa, this is my first visit to your site: very nice photos and the cake looks delicious! (I linked over to your site from Tea With Friends, Newnan, Georgia) Many thanks and have a great weekend, Joanie, a 'tea fan' in Georgia

Shanna said...

I just love how Emma took your request so literally...she really did try hard to please her mommy!!! Such a doll baby she is...reminds me of my Rachel when she was that age. Last Saturday, my baby had her first baby and now SHE is the mommy.

Baker said...

I needed a dose of pink ! Lovely cake!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin