Monday, February 15, 2010

Love Notes

Born on February 13th, I call daughter Emma my little Valentine. These cards from Shutterfly were perfect for sharing the love this year with family members.



This Valentine was a sweet surprise from my best girlfriend, Vonda. Isn't this precious?

Joe was out of town this year Valentine's weekend, but I got an unexpected surprise. When the children and I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from church, the lady behind us in line struck up a conversation with the children. She asked them if they had given their mother a present for Valentine's Day. When they said no, she retrieved a bouquet of roses from her car and gave them to Christian. The children were delighted to surprise me with flowers, and I was touched that a stranger reached out with such a thoughtful gesture. It makes me want to do the same!

Tomorrow, sweet treats for some of my Valentines!

8 comments:

Susan Wicker said...

What a beautiful surprise that was, Melissa. You deserved it, too! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Rach said...

That is the cutest valentine!

myletterstoemily said...

what a lovely and gracious gesture!

your children must have loved it.

your valentine is adorable.

i always look forward to visiting your
blog, because it so so beautiful and
inviting.

blessings,
lea

Vonda said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your Valentine! You are my cup of tea, Melissa!

Angela McRae said...

Your friend Vonda has just inspired me in selecting the Valentines I'll be giving next year! Lovely!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

What a lovely gesture!

One to pay forward indeed! (I'll be thinking on this one, too!)

kJ

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

First of all.. what a special little Valentine your little Emma is.

And how sweet is that special bouquet from a stranger for your children to surprise you with.

Blessings & Aloha!

Randyrxfm said...

That is the cutest valentine!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin