Thursday, February 11, 2010

Time for a Ballerina Tea

After our birthday party ballet class, the little girls were ready for teatime. Sweet pink touches were ballerina perfect, like these fresh pink tulips -- a request from the birthday girl.



Spray painted white, this wire dress form from Hobby Lobby sports a tutu made according to the directions in yesterday's post.



A pink satin bow tied around the waist adds a final feminine detail before the dress form is placed on the buffet.



Pink tulips, pink ribbon, pink napkins -- pink perfection!



Outside the weather was cold and dreary, but inside you could feel the warmth of spring. In order to seat all the girls together, we rented child-size tables and chairs from The Wedding Center in Montgomery (334-277-6443). Plates and napkins from Target. The pretty punch cups belonged to Joe's late grandmother, and I use them often. In fact, Emma's party is the third time I have used them this year!



My little ballerina, on the buffet and ready for a tea party.



A birds-eye view of the buffet.



Tiny ballerinas at the tea table.



And more ballerina cuties!

Tomorrow, a teatime menu worth a pirouette!



18 comments:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

TuTu Wonderful, Melissa!

I love every little detail, as always!

Karin

Debbie said...

It's all just pinkishly perfect. I wish that I still had little girls around the house!

Tracy said...

How beautiful! How do you come up with all of these creative ideas, Melissa? Enquiring minds want to know! :)

Julie A. Cox said...

What a great idea to have appropriate sized tables and chairs!!! I love your attention to detail.

Susan Wicker said...

Gorgeous, goreous, gorgeous! I love the pink theme. Your little girl and her friends are so lucky to be treated so royally. You truly do have a magic touch, Melissa! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Rach said...

It's soooo pretty!

Sue Sparks said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! I love it!

D said...

Lucky little ballerinas. Love the pinks and white. You did a great job on the table and decorations.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Precious in pink, Melissa! Loved seeing all the cuties, and I really loved that little wire form with the tutu. So cute! The pink tulips were beautiful, too.

If you get a chance, scoot over and check out the pink bridal tea for a friend's daughter than another friend gave. She had a pink theme, and she did something with gift bags that I think you'd love.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am in awe!!!! Everytime I read your postings about all of the things you do to make your kids' birthdays and ordinary days so special I just wonder how do you to it all.

I love this pink ballerina party. I am helping throw a birthday party for my BFF in March. Our main color will be pink. I think I will have to borrow some of your ideas.

I am anxious to see your "teatime menu" tomorrow.

Debbi

P. S. Where did you get the pink heart plates? I love them.

Melissa Lester said...

Thanks, Debbi! My sister gave me those pretty pink plates and a matching footed cake plate, and I believe she found them at TJ Maxx. Emma's birthday is February 13th, so I always try to incorporate some hearts into her birthday decor. She is my early Valentine, after all!

myletterstoemily said...

enchanting! this is the loveliest blog i have
encountered yet!

thank you for all your gorgeous ideas.

Stacia said...

Just beautiful!!! such a precious party! and thanks for the tu-tu tutorial... I think me and my daughter will try to make one over winter break next week.

Angela McRae said...

OK, this is one of the most incredible tea parties I've seen yet, and I continue to be in awe of your many talents! If you lived here in my town in Georgia, I would be *begging* you to write for our magazine! (Do the folks at Tea Time magazine know about you? They should!)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Aw! the ballerinas are adorable! the decorations are beautiful.
Blessings & Aloha!

~Rosanne said...

This is adorable. I just found your blog and would love to browse longer but I will have to come back. My family is calling - when are we going to eat?

Joanna said...

My niece is looking for a wire dress holder like you have in tea time to hold her little girls tutu. Wherever do you buy one?

India said...

Hi... I'm VERY interested in your invitations... Were they purchased somewhere or did you create them yourself? Either way I'd greatly appreciate it I you shared the info with me. Thanks so much!
IndiraWilkerson@yahoo.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin