Friday, February 26, 2010

Book Club Selection for Spring

After the success of our first book club meeting, we have decided to make it a quarterly event. We will be exploring a variety of titles in Christian fiction, from romance and drama to mystery and humor. I am pleased to announce our book selection for spring:

Savannah from Savannah by Denise Hildreth

Featured in Southern Living, Savannah from Savannah is a humorous novel that will be an easy spring-break or early-summer read. But although it is light, Savannah still gives us some deeper issues to discuss. Among them, coming of age, mother-daughter relationships, living in the south, and learning through loss.

And how could we not love a book that whisks us away to the quintessential southern city of Savannah? Along the way the book takes us by some of these famous Savannah landmarks:



The Fountain at Forsyth Square



The Gryphon Tea Room



And the Owens-Thomas House

If you would like to join our book club discussion -- whether joining us in person or sharing your insights about the book here on the blog -- find the book here. And enjoy your trip to Savannah this spring!

As for me, I can't wait until spring to visit Georgia. I'm heading to the Calhoun Church of Christ for a ladies day Saturday. I hope to see you there!

10 comments:

acdc080109 said...

This book sounds great! I will definitely be reading it!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I just put both of the books you have mentioned on hold at our library. I look forward to reading them. Thanks for sharing.

Have Blessed week-end with the Church ladies this week-end.

Debbi

Rach said...

I intend to pick up this book!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the recommendation! Since Savannah is my neck of the woods, I think I would really enjoy it.

And I will be waiting to see your theme ideas for the quarterly meeting, too. Hmmm. A Savannah themed party...Imagine the possibilities!

sodizzymomof 5 said...

I love this book!!!!! You must read the whole series. I laughed out loud at some of the characters. This is on my list of favorite reads! You will enjoy it.

Sue Sparks said...

Sounds like a good book! I look forward to joining in on the discussion from out here in the west:) I appreciate your southern hospitality in inviting all in the blogosphere(?) to join in! :)

Have a great weekend!

myletterstoemily said...

i'm a calhoon!


i'm looking forward to the book club!

Laura said...

Is this a new book? Our library didn't have it.

Denise Hildreth said...

First, Thank you for picking my book! What a treat!
And secondly, if you want me to do a call in for your book club I would love to.
Take Care
Denise Hildreth

www.denisehildreth.com

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

The next time I go to Barnes & Noble at Oglethorpe Mall or Books a Million in Savannah, I will have to look for this book.

Savannah is truly gorgeous. My hubby and I were just by Forsythe Park today...we go on Saturdays to a grocery market that is right across from the Forsythe, called Brighter Day that sells organic foods.

Every single time we drive through downtown Savannah, I am drawn back in time, as we pass by the beautiful antebellum homes and under the huge, spanish moss covered branches that create a covering over the streets.

SCAD is doing a wonderful job restoring many of these beautiful homes and older structures.

Blessings & Aloha!
Thankyou for the book recommendation.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin