Friday, February 12, 2010

Ballerina Teatime Menu

Ready for a break, the little ballerinas at Emma's birthday party gathered at the tea table for some dainty treats.


Pink ballet slipper cookies were ballerina perfect. Find directions for making these cookies here and more Nutter Butter shoe cookie ideas here.


I don't know if anyone knew what I was going for here, but each little girl got a pink marshmallow tutu. I made these by layering two mini-cupcake liners and a pink marshmallow, securing all three with icing. Then I piped a few icing details on the bodice.


Joe was out of town for most of the week before the party, so I made the ballet slippers and tutus ahead and kept them in the freezer until the day of the party. Emma had requested petit fours, so I ordered these from Publix.


Cookies and tarts from the bakery were sweet treats for the mommies who brought their ballerinas to play.


I made a pot of my signature roseberry tea for those craving something hot, and pink punch was a refreshing choice for those who preferred something cold. My friend Robin shared this versatile Kool-Aid punch recipe with me, and I knew Emma would like it flavored with "pink lemuh-lade."
Kool-Aid Punch
3 packets Kool-Aid, any flavor (we used Pink Lemonade)
3 cups sugar
1 large can unsweetened pineapple juice
Water
Sprite (Three 2-liters per gallon of concentrate)
Combine Kool-Aid packets, sugar, pineapple juice and enough water to fill a gallon container and chill. This will be the punch concentrate. To serve, combine 1/3 gallon of the concentrate, one 2-liter of Sprite and ice. Refill as needed. (Note: Instead of using ice, I froze some of the concentrate with fresh raspberries and lemon slices so the flavor would not be diluted as the ice melted.)


Our ballerina baby makes a birthday wish.


I'm wishing this ballerina could stay a baby, but it is such a joy watching her grow up!
Happy Birthday tomorrow, my little Valentine!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin