Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Ballerinas

One of the highlights of the holiday season for me is attending Mary Ashley's Christmas recital. She was all smiles on the stage, and when she shyly said her name into the microphone, a chorus of "ahhs" rippled through the audience. After the show we went out for dessert, and back at home she unwrapped a ballerina Barbie to commemorate the event.



This was my other favorite ballerina of the night. Isn't Judy's granddaughter, Taylor, a beautiful girl? I was already poised to take pictures of Taylor during her performance, but when she was asked to announce her name and said "Mary Ashley," I thought I might get to take her home with me! Isn't that adorable?



You never know quite what will happen when the tiniest ballerinas take the stage, but you know it will definitely be entertaining! I love watching these little ones.

And most people at the recital probably missed the newest ballerina ...



Little sister, Emma! Emma was so entranced by the ballerinas this year, she couldn't wait to take the stage for pictures after the recital. Immediately she started twirling and imitating the steps she had watched during the show. So guess who gets to start taking ballet after the holidays? Emma, the happiest ballerina-to-be in Alabama!

This should absolutely guarantee an entertaining spring recital!


19 comments:

Aunt Tea said...

so much sweetness!

Becky Welch said...

So so sweet!

pink green & southern said...

I love tiny dancers!

Sandy Toes said...

Never heard of a recital at Christmas..how fun! She is so pretty in that tutu!

What a great Christmas night!
-sandy toes

Judy said...

You made my day (again) and possibly my whole week featuring Ta-Ta on your post today! All the girls looked like angels but I think the Lester girls and Horsley girl are the cutest!!!

I did not see Emma Friday night but she's so precious in these pictures and who knows? Maybe by the spring recital, Taylor will be "Emma"!

Love to you and your family!
Judy

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

That is just so precious! You take the best photos of your kiddos!

Leah said...

The girls look beautiful!

Mommy2Twins said...

Oh, How exciting Taylor has made the hall of fame!!! I am so thrilled you posted her on your blog. This truly has made my day. As always your family is so beautiful. Thank you so much, Melissa :)

Home School Dawn said...

Oh, how precious!

Joanne Kennedy said...

There is nothing so sweet as little ones up there dancing their little hearts out.

I just adore the big bows you have your girls wear. Just like they used to do. So cute!

Hugs,
Joanne

Judy @ In His Grip said...

I just love your blog. You have such great ideas. Those cocoa cones will be added to some gift baskets I am putting together.

lambechops said...

So cute! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those are without a doubt some of the most adorable children ever! I love your ballerinas... all of them and the story that goes with them. So precious!

XO,

Sheila

Saralee said...

I've been a lurker here for quite some time and I find such joy in your precious little family! Your girls have to be the cutest little princesses ever! They always look like they just stepped out of a fairy tale!
Just want to wish you all a very blessed Christmas and may the miracle of His birth live in your hearts throughout the year.
Warm Hugs~ Saralee

Miss Lila in Atlanta said...

Goood Evening from Atlanta,

Wow! Do those pictures bring back memories of my two sweet ballerinas, now all grown up and with four kids each! Next month my 5 year old granddaughter will start dancing lessons. I'm as excited as she is!

Your kids are just gorgeous

I want to have a pirate party for my 6 year old grandson for learning to read. All my grandchildren are homeschooled and when they learn to read we always have a party for them. He's actually been reading for about a year now but this means entirely on his own, pick up a book, sit down and read away party. So what I was wondering is have you ever blogged about a pirate party and if you have where could I find it and do you have any ideas?

Have a lovely evening,
Miss Lila in Atlanta

Holly said...

Mercy! They are too cute... I just LOVE watching sweet little peanuts enjoying dance!

Kasey said...

super cute!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

two things, my dear.

first, how do you get that sweet girl to wear that bow?! mine would just as soon throw hers into the toilet along with her brother's toothbrush that she routinely likes to send in for a dip...

and two, did you make Barbie's costume, or did that baby just so happen to come in the exact same colors?!

Love ya!
~k

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

I so miss having a "little" girl! I still have my little girl but she's 16! Enjoy these times they grown up really fast!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin