Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Cake Stand

Merry Christmas!

I'm heading to the Dalraida Church of Christ tonight for their annual ladies Christmas party. At this year's potluck and ornament exchange, I'll be serving up holiday hints for adding a little loveliness to the season with some of my favorite ideas for Christmas gifts, decor and entertaining. And with the theme "10 Under 10," all the ideas will cost less than $10, take less than 10 minutes, or work great for children under age 10.

Of course, easy and economical cake plates make the Top 10! Simply glue a plate and bowl together with E-6000, let the glue dry according to package directions, and you have a festive cake plate ready to put dessert on a pedestal at your next holiday gathering. Or make several cake plates to share with neighbors, co-workers and friends!



I hope you'll come back often this month as we dish up lots of ideas to celebrate the season!


18 comments:

Sandy Toes said...

So very cute!!!..I love that design of the Christmas tree!
-sandy toes

pink green & southern said...

What a great idea!!! So elegant...

Tracy said...

I love the tree plate....it is beautiful!!

Sparkling Diamond said...

what a lovely idea..that plate looks beautiful!

Jennifer P. said...

You are too smart Melissa! I KNOW I'll be using this idea for sure!

Laura said...

I love the idea. I love the smocked dress, too!

Shanna said...

Gorgeous cake plate! Looking forward to all of your ideas...you are SO clever!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Love the cake plate....and your little girl is just gorgeous!

southern queen bee said...

What a great idea. There should be a show on the many uses of ES6000, LOVE the stuff. Your daughter is soo cute.

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

That is a beautiful cake plate! I would have never guessed it was a plate and a bowl glued together! The ribbon is a beautiful touch!

Leah said...

Melissa,
What at cute idea! I am definitely going to try it out. I was in need of a gift idea for a friend of mine. Your daughter is gorgeous!!!... I am so glad you visited my blog. Please visit Savannah one day if you get a chance. It's really not as far as you would think and well worth the trip. You will love it. Thanks again!

Tiffany said...

That's a fantastic idea! I think even I could do that.

Nancy said...

I'm making some for Christmas gifts!!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

My ALL TIME FAVORITE idea on your site, my dear! And I just took a closer look at those Thanksgiving pictures - do you have any of that orange turkey leftover that you could send to MO?! That really DOES look TASTY!

Hugs!
LOVE the season...and I want the other 9 ideas. If only I could arrange a MO speaking engagement. And with that turkey.

Something to think about!
~Karin

Tracy P. said...

Oh Melissa, I was thinking of you today when I was wondering what I should get for all of the teachers and other kinds of helpers in our lives. I was thinking of making fudge logs, and wondering how to package them. Just in case you were thinking about posting on that very thing... ;-) But this bowl and plate idea. Beautiful! I'll be back!

Shelley said...

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Judy @ In His Grip said...

One of the best ideas I have seen in a long time.

Caren said...

OH! I love this idea! I already have the glue...now I just need to find the plates! Cute! Cute! Cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin