Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fancy Faces

My 4-month-old niece Kadence proves that you're never too young to be fancy!



I wonder what a fancy girl wishes for on her birthday? Here the little girls from Mary Ashley's preschool class gather for cake.



Some of the fancy faces my dad, Bob Prichard, captured with his camera. I love the corner photo where Mary Ashley is opening her presents from Meme and D-Dad. What must Emma be thinking?



Favorite party images from by brother, Nathan Prichard.

Finding accessories for the girls at our Fancy Nancy party was easy. I collected boas, wings, candy necklaces and lip gloss rings to send home with the girls, but I drew a blank thinking of equivalent favors for my two boys and didn't want them to feel left out. So one night I explained the party to Carson, 9, and Christian, 7, and asked them what boys could wear to be fancy. "Well, I wouldn't mind getting a blue scarf," Christian began thoughtfully. OK, I thought, I'll ask Joe if boys wear scarves. Then Christian continued, "And, well, I wouldn't mind wearing Mary Ashley's blue Cinderella dress for the party."

This response caught me so off-guard I had to leave the room to keep him from seeing the tears streaming down my face because I was laughing so hard. In the distance I heard Carson's voice calling, "Christian! Boys wouldn't have to wear a dress. We could wear a suit!" I ran into our bedroom and could hardly tell Joe the story between giggles. Joe didn't think it was that funny.

On the morning of the party, Christian woke me early to ask if I had seen his tuxedo. I'm not even sure what he was referring to, but both the boys ultimately decided that blue jeans and monogrammed shirts would be perfect party attire. I chose sunglasses, glow sticks and candy for the boys' treat bags, and all the brothers seemed pleased to be remembered at the party. So our party proved that anyone can find joy in being fancy!

Stop in tomorrow for an easy and refreshing party treat!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin