Monday, January 19, 2009

Smiles Needed

Little giggles fill the world with love.

Kristi tagged me to share the significance of the fourth photo in my fourth folder, and it happens to be this picture I took of Mary Ashley on her last Sunday as a 4-year-old. I love to see her giggle. She gets so tickled at 2-year-old sister, Emma's, antics that she can hardly contain herself sometimes. I look forward to hearing her laughter for many years to come!

I have some fun posts planned for the next few days, but wanted to begin the week on a more serious note asking for prayers for Joe's parents. Betty is mid-way through her recovery for a badly broken leg, and Louis just returned from the hospital due to heart problems. The past few days have been physically challenging for this sweet couple, but the most difficult aspect of their health issues has been each spouse's desire to care for the other. I know the Lester family would appreciate your prayers at this time.

The Lester grandchildren look forward to sharing lots more giggles with Nana and Pop in the future. And I have lots of smiles to share with you here this week, so please come back daily!


15 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Melissa, have just prayed for your precious inlaws. :-)

Love that cute picture of Mary Ashley. Your children are so adorable, and I love seeing all of your cute pictures of them. Thank you for sharing with us.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sandy Toes said...

So pretty! I love her smile! Your in-laws are in my prayers. My father in law had open heart surgery on Friday so I know it' hard!
-sandy toe

The Southern Housewife said...

You have my prayers.

maryanne420 said...

i just lifted them up in prayers!

melissa, your blog is one that i look forward to reading whenever i get the chance so i will definitely be looking out for your posts.

Tracy said...

Praying, Melissa...

Laura said...

Your inlaws are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melinda said...

Melissa,

I came across your blog a few days ago, it's lovely. Your gift of creativity is inspiring. I would enjoy seeing a tour of your home, have you considered adding that to the catagory list on your sidebar?

It looks like we have similar intersest; I love storybook looking pictures of my daughters, The Spirit of Loveliness is one of the first books I bought on making a lovely home, and of course "Tea Time" is an enchanting experience.

A Kindred Spirit,
Melinda

pink green & southern said...

That photo of MA is beautiful, what a lovely child. Sending prayers your way..

Becky Welch said...

Prayers being lifted up right now. May God's richest blessings be on all of you right now.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

She surely is making me smile this cold morning. Blessings on your family...

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

I just said a prayer for Joe's parents, and will keep them in my prayers too!
What a lovely photo of your little one! :)

Miss Lila in Atlanta said...

Melissa,
Prayers are going up from our house for your in-laws and family.
Please keep us posted.

God Bless You,
Miss Lila in Atlanta

Kim said...

Your family will be in my prayers.

Ms. Tee said...

Melissa, I'll be praying for your husband's parents, too. Your daughter's photo is absolutely precious. :)

Kate said...

Do you smock her dresses. They are beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin