Monday, January 26, 2009

Fancy Nancy Birthday Party

The centerpiece of Mary Ashley's Fancy Nancy party was her pink strawberry birthday cake. A tiered cake seemed like the ideal choice for our theme, and petal pans gave the layers sweet scallops. Cascades of pink roses and white ribbons added sweet details, and of course no Fancy Nancy cake would be complete without a monogram!

The Invitation:



Outside:

Fancy Nancy Is a Darling Friend of Mine

I Love to Read Books About Her All the Time

So for My Birthday I'm Getting Fancy Too

And It Would Be Simply Splendid to Spend It with You!

~

Please Join Us for a Soiree (That's Fancy for Party)

Celebrating the 5th Birthday of

Mary Ashley

At the Home of Joe and Melissa Lester

RSVP or Directions Call ...

~

(This is my invitation before I made it fancy.)

Inside:

(This is my invitation after I made it fancy.)



The inside of each invitation was handcrafted with unique embellishments. Here a glittery bouquet of balloons and banner pop up from a background of soft polka dots, sparkly stars and tiny jewels.

I have so many images from the party, I'll be sharing reflections and ideas throughout the week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin