Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Castle Is Ready

The little girls who joined us for tea at Emma's party behaved like perfect little princesses when seated in our castle's banquet hall. One of the advantages of Emma's February 13th birthday is the abundance of pretty flowers available for her party. These soft pink roses were so delicate and perfect, they almost didn't look real.



I have had this Cinderella doll for years, and she looked lovely positioned on the dining room table. I have a special place in my heart for the story of Cinderella. I remember singing along to my Cinderella record as a little girl. It seemed like one day I was waiting anxiously to meet the girl who played Cinderella in the play I had just watched at the public library, and the next I was a college junior pausing to sign programs for the little girls who came to see me play Cinderella in my university's production of Into the Woods. And now I am a mother experiencing this magical story again through my daughters' eyes.



Given to Mary Ashley as a baby gift, this Cinderella teapot made a charming accent filled with flowers and placed atop some of the girls' favorite princess storybooks.

Tomorrow, a tea time menu fit for a princess!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin