Monday, February 23, 2009

Strawberries and Chocolate Cream

I wanted to serve strawberries and chocolate cream for Emma's recent Cinderella tea party, but couldn't find a recipe I liked. So I came up with my own and loved it so much, I decided it needed its own post. This was a perfect dish to share with friends who gathered for our birthday party on Valentine's Day.


Chocolate Cream

This recipe was delicious served with fresh fruit, but I can't wait to try it again with scones.

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/8 cup Hershey's cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate curls, optional

With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla, and whip until stiff. Chill until ready to serve. Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe the cream into a serving dish. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.

11 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I really like the pink and green idea. My daughter and her friends also love monograms and I've seen some really pretty cupcakes and the like on blogs with monograms. Thank goodness I have lots of time to plan. THANKS for the good ideas...

Jo said...

Not only is it beautiful, it looks delicious ~ and calorie free, right?

What a fun party!

Jo

The Brown Box said...

Looks yummie!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love this, and it looks lovely and delicious. Great presentation!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sarah said...

This looked so yummy that I made some with the leftover whipping cream in my fridge. Unfortunately I had to halve the recipe because I didn't have enough cream. Yum! It kind of reminds me of a Wendy's frosty.

wife.mom.nurse said...

That is gorgeous!!!

Faye said...

THIS LOOKS WOUNDERFUL AND VERY TASTY. THANK-U SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

Shana said...

Oh my. This looks so goregous and yummy. Will defintely save this recipe to my favorites to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. :)

Leslie said...

I am crazy about sweets and pretty things, so what a great combination! Your blog is just beautiful, a feast for my eyes!

Felicia Eis said...

Goodness my mouth is watering!!!!

Kristen said...

This is the Kristen who wrote you a few days ago about the FHU tea party...I completely forgot to tell you that we're using your chocolate cream recipe this year to go along with our white chocolate cherry scones! It's delicious. =) Thought you would want to know!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin