Monday, February 2, 2009

A Heart Full of Roses

 
Happy February! I love the possibilities this month offers for opening our hearts to those we love and look forward to sharing romantic ideas throughout the month.
 
I thought I would start out with the craft project displayed on my header. My friend Allison photographed this flower arrangement for one of my Christian Woman craft columns last year. To make an arrangement like this, cut floral foam to fit a heart-shaped vase and soak the foam according to package directions. Cut carnation stems short and insert the stems into the wet foam to create a soft border. Fill in the middle of the heart with lush pink roses, the stems cut short. Tuck a pink satin bow secured to a floral pick into the foam for a final touch of sweetness.
 
Arrangements like these topped the tables at daughter Emma's first birthday celebration. Born on February 13th, I say Emma is my early Valentine. I'll be sharing some more images and ideas from her first birthday in the days to come. You can see pictures from last year's candy-themed Tea for 2 here: cake, decor, favors, chandelier, tablescapes and birthday girl.
 
Let's hope this month is full of sweet surprises celebrating the ones we love!

23 comments:

Sandy Toes said...

very pretty!
-sandy toe

Judy said...

Melissa, I cannot think of anything more beautiful than the heart of roses you created. How lovely of a way to share God's love with someone. Thank you for sharing it's beauty with us.

Denise said...

Your arrangement is so pretty! Thank you for the "how-to" - I can't wait to try my hand at one.
Have a lovely day!

Becky Welch said...

I have missed checking in with you each day!! We aren't getting internet at the house until we have a job! I am having to come to mom's to use it, but at least I can! My friend, Heather, and I are wanting to start Backyard Bible Adventures this summer. I may email you for more information!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lovely! Melissa, you never cease to amaze me. I know I've told you that before, but it's true. Thanks for sharing how to do this.

XO,

Sheila :-)

sweet momma said...

So beautiful! I was going to make one of these for my hall table.
Simply breath taking. I love this time of year with the pink colors and hearts.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

so, so pretty.

Live.Love.Eat said...

That arrangement is beautiful, I love it!

The White Bench said...

This is fabulous! So fresh and romantic!
Love it!
Monica.

Shana said...

Oh my - way to gorgeous and romantic!

Dream Mom said...

That is very pretty! Thank you for taking the time to share the "how to" with us. I have a heart shaped dish and this would work perfect!

Cheryl said...

How sweet~ My grandaughter Chloe is going to be born tomorrow (by c-section) This would make a lovely arrangement to bring in to the hospital for her :-)

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a sweet, lovely arrangement!

Love your blog!!! I voted for your awesome birthday party @ TipJunkie (thanks for the link) ...You're in the lead!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I adore your centerpiece! Happy Birthday Emma~you share the day with my best friend. :)

Melanie said...

Oh, I love that! Beautiful!

Judy B said...

Just love that arrangement...So pretty!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

HOw romantic and sweet!

the pleasures of homemaking said...

How beautiful! I like the candy hanging from the chandy too!

Manuela

Kim Chalfant said...

I love this arrangement!!! Makes me want to go out & make my own.

Liz said...

Every time I visit your blog I think "oh its sooo pretty!" Your centerpiece is lovely.

~Liz

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Everything you do is so pretty! I love this! Thanks so much for joining in!!!

santamaker said...

So very soft and pretty. Thanks so much for sharing the "recipe"!

Gillian L. said...

I am apologize for this late comment, but that is such a beautiful arrangement - something very special!

Gillian

Blog Widget by LinkWithin