Monday, February 2, 2009

A Heart Full of Roses

 
Happy February! I love the possibilities this month offers for opening our hearts to those we love and look forward to sharing romantic ideas throughout the month.
 
I thought I would start out with the craft project displayed on my header. My friend Allison photographed this flower arrangement for one of my Christian Woman craft columns last year. To make an arrangement like this, cut floral foam to fit a heart-shaped vase and soak the foam according to package directions. Cut carnation stems short and insert the stems into the wet foam to create a soft border. Fill in the middle of the heart with lush pink roses, the stems cut short. Tuck a pink satin bow secured to a floral pick into the foam for a final touch of sweetness.
 
Arrangements like these topped the tables at daughter Emma's first birthday celebration. Born on February 13th, I say Emma is my early Valentine. I'll be sharing some more images and ideas from her first birthday in the days to come. You can see pictures from last year's candy-themed Tea for 2 here: cake, decor, favors, chandelier, tablescapes and birthday girl.
 
Let's hope this month is full of sweet surprises celebrating the ones we love!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin