Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Menu Fit for RoyalTea

I planned "Cinderemma's" tea party with a menu of store-bought and homemade items to please the little girls and their mommies.


The Menu

Turn into a Pumpkin Muffins with Pineapple Cream Cheese

Chicken Salad with Butter Crackers

Ham, Turkey and Roast Beef Spirals

Gus-Gus Cheese Cubes

Strawberries and Chocolate Cream

Candied Princess Pretzel Wands

Marshmallows

Cinderella Cake

Fizzy Pink Punch

Angel Falls Mist Hot Tea


Recipes

Would you believe that I made pretty pastries that looked like crystal carriages, but at midnight they turned into pumpkin muffins? Maybe not, but you can find my pumpkin muffin recipe here. For the chicken salad, I added green grapes and parsley to chicken salad I picked up from a deli. I will be sharing my chocolate cream recipe in a separate post, and you can find my punch recipe here.


Candied Princess Pretzel Wands

Perfect for a princess party, these pretzel wands would also make cute Cupid's arrows for a Valentine exchange.

1 bag pretzel rods
1 package pink Wilton candy melts
Colored sugar sprinkles
2 packages candy heart cake decorations

Melt candy in a double boiler, stirring constantly until smooth. Dip pretzel rods one at a time into the candy and allow excess candy to drip off. Hold the rods over wax paper, and sprinkle colored sugar over the melted candy. Place the rods on a wax-covered plate, and top each with candy decorations. Put the plate in the freezer for a few minutes to harden the melted candy. Remove from the freezer and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.



Emma requested a chocolate cake with buttercream icing. Notice Cinderella's headband and necklace; they coordinate with party favors I made for the girls. I will reveal those in another post!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin