Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweetheart Dinner

Perfect for a ladies luncheon or romantic dinner for two, this is a great dish for Valentine's Day.


Chicken and Puff Pastry

I prefer this chicken filling served in puff pastry shells, but for Valentine's Day I cut heart shapes from puff pastry sheets.

4 tablespoons margarine
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
2 chicken bouillon cubes
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons cooking sherry
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
Puff pastry shells or sheets, prepared according to package directions

Melt margarine in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Blend in flour, and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Add milk, bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Cook until thick over low heat. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Add cooked chicken and parsley, and heat until hot. Serve with puff pastry shells or sheets, and garnish with additional parsley.


5 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That sounds divine, Melissa!

Thanks for sharing...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

That looks gorgeous! What a pretty presentation!!

Graham Shenanigans said...

Knowing how much you love tea and tea parties, when i got this email joke today, I immediately knew I had to share it with you. Enjoy!!


Cup of Tea ..

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me. I was maybe 2 1/2 years old and had just recovered from an accident. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a get-well gift and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home.

My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' My Mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him drink it up. Then she says, (as only a mother would know... )

'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?

Jordan's mommy said...

I love your posts. Keep them coming. I am going to give this one a try for Valentines day, along with the brownie Heart Sundae. I might see if after naptime (21month old girl) taking a walk to the thrift store n see what they have around there.
God Bless!
Kelly

Live.Love.Eat said...

I just love puff pastry! These look awesome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin