Thursday, March 12, 2009

Celebrate Reading

There are so many ways to cultivate a love of reading in children through celebrating books. Books make a wonderful baby gift, especially when embellished with handmade bookplates and presented in a personalized book bag. When one of my nephews turned 1, my sister-in-law planned a storybook-themed birthday party and invited guests to bring a new book for the birthday boy. Preschoolers would enjoy a book swap party complete with story time. And older children can organize a book drive or start a book club.

I have a special afternoon planned for my children today, and I'll share all the details of our celebration of books tomorrow!


5 comments:

Nancy said...

I have been lurking, dear one, but not taking the time to say hello and let you know how much I enjoy coming to this corner of my world ~ may God continue to bless you richly for the inspiration you are for others and the love you so freely give.

Sandy Toes said...

We celebrate books here...I have incorporated books in some of my parties....they are treasures.
sandy toe

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Can't wait to hear, and I love your teapot... it's precious!

XO,

Sheila :-)

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

There is no greater gift to give a child than the love of reading!

M ^..^

Allidink said...

Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear about it.

All the best,
Allison

Blog Widget by LinkWithin