Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Pretty tulips wait in little vases for the girls to do some spring cleaning before they can take the flowers to their rooms.

Spring break has given us some extra time to devote to much-needed projects around the house. Joe has been painting and making repairs, and I have been doing some sewing and organizing. Unfortunately, the children haven't seemed to catch our productive spirit. The house has gotten progressively messier throughout the break, so I asked the children to work on their rooms. Five-year-old Mary Ashley asked if her 3-year-old sister could help her pick up toys, but I reminded her that Emma has quite a mess to take care of in her own room. "Oh, yes," Mary Ashley agreed, nodding her head. "Emma's room is a pink sty!"

11 comments:

Allidink said...

Haha, that's adorable.

All the best,
Allison

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Melissa, that is so cute! LOL!

Glad you're having a productive time. I'm in the middle of preparations for a party for a very close friend's grown daughter, and I'm up early to get started. Thought I'd check in on some of my favorite blogs first.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sandy Toes said...

Oh..how cute...
sandy toe

Lisa said...

What a great incentive for the girls!I love tulips.

sweeter and the bubbas said...

:-) Emma would feel right at home at our house...lol!! I didn't see you last night? Did I miss you?
:-)

Melanie said...

I am happy to hear that Joe is getting some painting done! I only wish I could say the same about Chris and the tile ...or lack there of, in our laundry room.

Trying to keep Annabelle and Chloe's rooms tidy is a constant battle in our home. They never need help getting their toys out, but the always ask for help in putting them away...Go figure!:D

Your package is on its way. The mail man assured me it will be at your doorstep within 5 days. I hope you enjoy it.

Hugs,
Melanie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh make sure your write that one down.

Faye said...

LOOKING GOOD!LOVE THE TULIPS!HAVE A VERY BLESSED WEEKEND!

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

You have to love our precious girl blessings. :)
And I have so much spring cleaning to do...but I need to get at the garden. Sigh, where to start first?
I guess walking away from the computer would be a good place, right?

Libby Murphy said...

you have a lovely and inviting site
with many interesting features
happy twirls

puertas metalicas en valencia said...

Thanks so much for your post, pretty helpful information.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin