Monday, August 17, 2009

Back-to-School Tea Party



A few days before school started, I planned a tea party for my children to celebrate the year ahead. Since I love my little ones a bushel and a peck, apples provided a great theme for our back-to-school afternoon tea.







Our tea party menu included a refreshing iced apple tea, warm maple scones served with apple jelly and almond cream, chicken salad on apple slices, and tiny apple cupcakes. A quilt tossed over the table was a fuss-free alternative to a tablecloth, and apples and school supplies scattered about set the mood for back-to-school fun.






A back-to-school tea party provides a wonderful opportunity to begin the school year purposefully with prayer and devotional time. An appropriate passage to share is Proverbs 3:1-6: "My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments; For length of days and years of life, and peace they will add to you. Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."


I loved sharing a glass of tea with the children as we anticipated the school days ahead. Here are a few pictures of my Apple Dumpling Gang:



I hope Carson, Christian, Mary Ashley and Emma know they are the apple of my eye!


Tomorrow I'll share recipes from our afternoon tea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin