Thursday, August 20, 2009

Butterscotch Cookies

Nestled into a blue metal lunchbox, fresh-baked butterscotch cookies said "Welcome Back" to Faulkner University students who visited our congregation last Sunday.

Butterscotch Cookies

A co-worker, Olivia, shared this easy recipe with me years ago.

1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 tablespoons water
2 eggs
1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch pieces
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend cake mix, oil, water and eggs. Stir in butterscotch pieces and nuts. Drop from teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. (Cookies do not need to be brown.) Cool on a cookie sheet for about 1 minute, then remove to paper towels to finish cooling. Yields about 35 cookies.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Those look/sound so good! Btw, if you are still at University church, say hi to Andrew Kingsley for me! He's the campus minister intern this year. He was our intern at church this summer. We just love him! Also, I LOVE the nap mat you made. I'm gonna have to steal that for when Charlie goes to K...be it that's a few years but I'll store it until then!

parTea lady said...

The cookies look delicious and I like that they are really easy to prepare.

Practically Precious said...

I was just sitting racking my brain and then I realized that you would probably have a wonderful answer for me. I need ideas for party favors for my sister-in-law's 40th birthday. You're never too old for favors, right? It's going to be a small luncheon (15 ladies or so) at the Country Club in Gadsden. My mother-in-law is not much on themes (which is where I usually start) so I'm a little lost on this one. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Wendy
practicallyprecious@yahoo.com

Kristen said...

Those look yummy! We'll be trying those this weekend I think!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! The blue with the cookies makes a stunning combination.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creative ideas and recipes with us.

I think a number of your "child friendly" ideas will come with me to my grade two class this year.

What a blessing you are as I visit you daily for a little dose of loveliness!

God bless you with His abundant grace.

Honey Bee

Workin' MAMA! said...

Love Love this recipe!

Mary Beth said...

Melissa, We went to an end-of-the-summer BBQ / Pool Party yesterday. I wanted to bring something, so after looking here, I knew I wanted to bring these cookies. The only difference was that I made them with Heath Bar Toffee Bits instead of butterscotch (because that's what I already had in the pantry) and they were a BIG HIT! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin