Monday, August 10, 2009

Take Me Away

These pictures I took on our recent trip to Florida take on even more significance this week as we trade in our flip-flops for tennis shoes, our suitcases for backpacks, and our late nights for early mornings. I am thankful for all the blessings this summer has brought. And I am glad that even as time marches forward, I can linger a little longer in the memories of our golden days in the sun.


Brenda said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! In the following post-I love the white outfits! Their smiles are the best part!

Elise said...

Hi Melissa

You have such glorious and precious holiday photos. It looks like a holiday where memories to last a lifetime were made.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Melissa, I've been MIA, but I wanted to drop by and say, "Hi." Lots and lots going on.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time on your vacation and that Florida was good to you. :-)



Kerree said...

Your kids are too beautiful for words :)

Judy said...

Your pictures are wonderful! The beach is cure for so many things!

Anonymous said...

You do such wonders with words - and as an english professor - I love that...

Continue in the splendor of loveliness. We too are trading in our flip flops for tennis shoes and uniforms for private christian school.

Not a fan of uni's, love dressing my children up for school in various cute dresses and outfits. I'll just have to be more creative. A back-to-school post on checklists and/or an 'inspiration for school' party idea would be great coming from you, if there's time.
Meanwhile, good luck in gathering all your little acorns together in preparation for another school year! I'm doing the very best I can in trying to get in the 'spirit'. I love the FALL!

Mary Beth said...

Well put, Melissa! As a teacher, I'm really trying to hold on to the last stitch of summer (we go back next week). I'll be flipping through my photos as well just holding on to those moments.

Workin' MAMA! said...

I've been working all summer!
My children make me feel so much better after work and I look forward to our time in the evenings!
Sneaking in the great fun after work and on weekends - Still counts, right?

Enjoy these last days!

working mama in the nw!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin