Wednesday, May 27, 2009

If the Shoe Cookie Fits ...

Now that school is out, we are exchanging our ballet slippers ...



and soccer cleats ...



for a summer of flip-flops!

I loved our Nutter Butter ballet slippers so much, I thought I would try a couple more varieties.

  • For directions on making ballet slipper cookies, see this post.
  • To make soccer cleats, sprinkle mini-chocolate chips on the wax-paper covered plate before setting the dipped cookies on top. Follow the directions for making ballet slippers, then place a dab of melted chocolate (or the bottom of a Hershey's kiss) on one end of the cookie. Pipe laces and stripes on the sides to complete this athletic shoe.
  • To make flip-flops, pipe a V of icing onto bare Nutter Butters and finish them with sprinkles if desired.

15 comments:

Christina said...

they look delicious, please send some!
School's out?! We've got another eight weeks to go.

gr. Christina

Sandy Toes said...

Only you can make a nutter butter~beautiful!
sandy toe

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a cute and clever idea, Melissa! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

Those are adorable!

katie said...

Hi Melissa--

I absolutely love your blog that I just stumbled upon from some Montgomery friends. I graduated from Faulkner, went to University, and have heard your husband speak numerous times in chapel. It's nice to get to know a little piece of the better half!

Oh, and your children are beautiful!

Tiffany said...

Oh I loved the ballet shoes and love the flip flops even more!! Any ideas for usage of nutter butters for a graduation party?

Becky said...

Love it!!! The pics even look good enough to eat!

Mary Beth said...

These are so adorable! I am so excited that it is time for the flip flops to come out!

julie said...

What a great idea! I love them! We will be creating these for the summer! Yum!!!

Anita said...

How did you ever come up with this idea...I love the shoes, but the flip flops are absolutely adorable.

Heidi said...

I LOVE these. What a great idea. I have used them before (dipped in white) for halloween ghosts. But these are GREAT. I am going to have to do the flip flops for sure. to cute :-)

Heidi said...

Oh, I am not sure if I mentioned the Fancy Nancy book reading social at ASF that I was thinking about. Would love for you and the girls to come.
Lori M. may be there to offer photos for "mother daughter pics and such" Still talking to her about it.
Lisa of "party palace" will be bringing tons of feather boas...

This could be a beautiful and special time for us and our girls. Not to mention a great time for us moms to have some social time.

I miss our blog friends "lunch bunch"

Catherine said...

Oh~those are too cute! And I love Nutter Butter's! :)
Found your link at Cindy's ~My Romantic Home!
Great site you have..full of loveliness! :)
Cat

Chic Cookies said...

I know I'm two years late, but just spotted on Pinterest. Adorable! I posted a link on ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com :)

Haley D. said...

These are adorable! Thanks for the ideas.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin