Monday, March 1, 2010

Heart and Hands

Referencing Luke 10:38-42, our theme for a ladies day at the Calhoun, Ga., Church of Christ over the weekend was "Martha's Hands, Mary's Heart." When we sat down to lunch after our Bible study, at each place we found a sweet hand print cookie with a heart cut out of the center.

I enjoyed a wonderful visit to Georgia over the weekend for a ladies day at the Calhoun Church of Christ. Joe was also out of town for the weekend, so the children spent the night with some of their favorite people in the world -- their cousins Hollis and Reese. Mary Ashley surprised me by offering to accompany me to the ladies day. She said she didn't want me to have to go by myself. I appreciated her willingness to sacrifice time with her cousins to make sure I didn't get lonely.

After we dropped off her siblings, Mary Ashley and I headed up Highway 27 toward Calhoun. She was resting quietly in the back seat when I told her, "Thank you for coming with me. We are going to have such a special time."

With this she popped to attention: "Are we going shopping?"



Mary Ashley and I left Calhoun with handprint cookies to share with Carson, Christian and Emma; a pretty teacup and saucer from the ladies of the church; and a heart full of memories from our visit.

Here's hoping our hands will be busy and our hearts will be blessed as another busy month begins!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin