Monday, March 15, 2010

Camp McDowell


Last week I had an unexpected break from blogging when lightning took out our modem. Now we are back online, but pictures from this past weekend's ladies retreat at Camp McDowell in Nauvoo, Ala, remind me that sometimes stepping away from the computer is just the thing we need. The tranquility of this sprawling 1,100 acre retreat facility was perfect for gathering with ladies of the East Walker Church of Christ in Sumiton, Ala. What a wonderful and gracious group of women! I appreciate their giving me such a warm welcome and hope our paths will cross again.

5 comments:

Rach said...

Looks very quiet and peaceful. The perfect escape.

We made you "honey bun cake" this past weekend for my husbands family who were in town for his birthday. Everyone LOVED it. Delicious!!

Vonda said...

Looks like a wonderful place to retreat! I had you on my mind all weekend. I hope it was a blessed few days. Wish I could have joined you!

Rebecca said...

If it was the lightening that struck in the middle of the night last week, we heard it! I told Brent I got up the next morning, expecting to see a black crater in the back yard!
The pictures are gorgeous, what a wonferful place to have a retreat!

pink green & southern said...

Aww, thanks for the pics of Camp Mc--I grew up going there!!! What fun memories they brought back!

Auntie Cake said...

Beautiful! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!
Kate

Blog Widget by LinkWithin