Friday, April 9, 2010

April Showers Bring ...


New Rain Boots!

When Joe and I moved to Alabama during a drought, rain boots for the children seemed extravagant and impractical. But now that we have experienced one of the rainiest years to date, I decided rain boots were a good investment to save wear and tear on our everyday shoes.





I looked high and low for the cutest rain boots I could find for my money and swooned over this pink and green polka dotted pair from Hartstrings. My girls love them! In fact, Mary Ashley wore hers every day for a week when we first bought them -- rain or shine.





I plan to keep these sweet rain boots long after the pitter-patter of little feet has faded in our home. Stashed by the door, these pink shoes will remind me of the little ones who loved to splash in puddles. Nestled on the table with a vase of spring flowers tucked inside, these rain boots will remind me that April showers hold the promise of May flowers.





"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby." -- Langston Hughes


I'm linking this post to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin