Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birds of a Feather Friendship Tea

My new tea blend for spring, Birds of a Feather, inspired a lovely friendship tea party.

Yesterday sweet friends Cathy and Stacey joined me for a friendship tea. Lovely friendships have blossomed with these two ladies I met through our daughters' preschool. We were long overdue to sit down together, and I was eager to give them a taste of my newest Cup of Loveliness tea blend. (More about that later this week!)



Perched on the tea table, sweet little porcelain birds herald the arrival of spring. A little green bird at each place setting was the perfect tea party favor, reminding girlfriends we're blessed to find birds of a feather.



Our camellias yielded pretty pink blooms for the day, and our bridal bush offered delicate white blossoms.



“Through the seasons, through the years, it’s your friends who carry you through. What would you do without them – these chosen sisters who laugh with you, cry with you, and speak truth to you? And what better way to celebrate the warmth and intimacy of beautiful friendship than with the warmest and most intimate of celebrations – a tea?” – Emilie Barnes, The Twelve Teas of Friendship

Still to come, teatime recipes, a giveaway and more!


11 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

How pretty! Everything looks so lovely and perfect for Spring time. How lucky everyone got to take home that sweet bird.

Can't wait for you post the recipes. They are always yummy!

Hugs,
Joanne

Lori said...

beautiful table. wonderful sentiments. You have an eye for flowers and arranging.

Kim @ Frost Me! said...

I love tea time! I agree! obsessed with birds too so I heart these (I think they are from Michael's?)

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Rach said...

Beautiful table! Can't wait to learn more about your new tea.

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

Hi Melissa...I clicked on over here from Susan's blog...saw your photo of the pink and green florals and bird....and just had to come have a peek!

your photos are brilliant! I love them, and the post about friendship in endearing! Let me tell you that to have a true 'friend' is a beautiful blessing....


looks like you had a lovely time!

i'll follow you after posting this comment here...and I'd also like to invite you to come have a peek at my two blogs...

when you've got the time!

ciao bella

Creative Carmelina

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

Your post called April Showers Bring.....was so beautiful!

I love the colours pink and green...my favourites!!! they are so yummy together...

you are a marvelous photographer!
well done!

see you soon!

creative carmelina

ciao

Anonymous said...

Such lovely pictures, Melissa. Your friends are truly blessed to have you in their lives.

I love tea parties and you have inspired me to do something special for my friends "SOON".

Looking forward to seeing your teatime recipes.

Debbi

Anonymous said...

You inspire me!

CollegeSAHM said...

Oh I love all the little birds!!! How pretty!! I wish I could do tea partys like that. Hmm I feel inspiration coming on...

Tara said...

beautiful table. wonderful sentiments. You have an eye for flowers and arranging.

Anonymous said...

Brokersring.com - Learn how to turn $500 into $5,000 in a month!

[url=http://www.brokersring.com/]Make Money Online[/url] - The Secret Reveled with Binary Option

Binary Options is the way to [url=http://www.brokersring.com/]make money[/url] securely online

Blog Widget by LinkWithin