Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Refreshing Spring Lunch

This week I have enjoyed sharing lunch with two special ladies. Monday my cousin Kristi came down for the afternoon. I adored Kristi when she was a little girl and asked God to give me daughters just like her. She has grown into a beautiful, sweet young lady, and it was great to spend an afternoon catching up with her. Plus we got to brainstorm ideas for the baby shower Kristi is throwing for her brother and sister-in-law. I remember when Christopher was born, and I can't believe he will soon be a father. It is a very exciting time for the family, and I'm glad to share in the joy.

Then yesterday my creative friend Missy and her son, Brack, joined Emma and me for lunch. Missy and I make a great team when it comes to planning parties, and we are really excited about our upcoming book club dinner. I can't wait to fill you in on the details of that! We'll be discussing Savannah from Savannah by Denise Hildreth, so pick up a copy of this funny southern book if you would like to join in the fun.

And who wouldn't feel inspired to plan parties when sitting down to a refreshing springtime menu of pineapple-almond cheese spread and crackers, summer turkey salad and zucchini bread? Find the recipes here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin