Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nana's Camellias

Sitting on the porch with Joe's parents on Easter Sunday was blissful. Conversation was easy as we gazed out at the rippling lake water. My mother-in-law said this is the first spring she can remember in more than 50 years that her azaleas were not in bloom for Easter, but Betty's camellias gave us a beautiful show for the holiday. Here are a few photos I snapped of some of the lovely varieties she has planted.













"Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer." -- Geoffrey B. Charlesworth


8 comments:

Frivolitea said...

The camelias are Beautiful!

Love Being a Nonny said...

Gorgeous! I love my Camellias! It is such an old fashion flower that I adore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rach said...

What a beautiful setting for easter.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Camellias are one of my very favorite flowers. I cannot grow them here in Pa. When I travel to my daughter's in Washington, DC I can see them in full bloom.
I was in Savannah last week, and the azaleas were just starting to bloom, but the camellias were beautiful. As are yours. They are such a girl's flower. So flirty, frilly and feminine.
Thanks for the breath of early spirng!
Yvonne

Martha said...

SO beautiful. I LOVE the photo of the pink and white camellia. Thank you for sharing.

Rose said...

Beautiful. I especially like the pink one in the second picture.

Angela McRae said...

Beautiful! I've spent quite a few days lately photographing flowers myself, and these camellias are just gorgeous!

CollegeSAHM said...

Sooo beautiful!!! I can't wait till I can move somewhere where I can have a flower garden. Right now I am content with my little flower pots that grom my pretty miniature roses.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin