Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gifts of Friendship and a Gift for You

Happy Birthday, Vonda!

I hope by now my gift has already arrived on Vonda's doorstep. In honor of her birthday I have a new blend of Cup of Loveliness loose tea called Birds of a Feather. To commemorate the occasion, I searched high and low for a blue and white transferware plate with birds. I found exactly what I had pictured on Ebay. I love this one so much, I might just have to buy another for myself!


Pictured above is a similar plate Vonda gave me for my birthday. We visited Belle Meade Plantation in Nashville together a couple of years ago, and I spotted this in the gift shop after our tour. I forgot about it until she gave it to me for my birthday. I don't know how she purchased it without me noticing, but it was a wonderful surprise. I was tickled to notice that both our plates are made by the same company. So she probably needs the teacup plate, too!


Vonda and I both love Royal Albert's Lady Carlyle pattern, so I will definitely need to use this teapot in her honor today.


And, of course, I will need to brew a pot of Vonda's loose tea, Birds of a Feather. New for spring, this is a delightful friendship blend of black tea with blueberries, jasmine and lemon. See yesterday's post for recipes that pair well with this fruity blend. And be sure to enter today's giveaway to win a bag of this delightful new tea.

To enter, leave a comment telling about a friend who has blessed your life. And if you would like to know more about Cup of Loveliness loose teas, share your e-mail address with me for a second entry.

Then brew a cup of tea and come back tomorrow for thoughts on friendship!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin