Friday, May 28, 2010

Announcing Our Summer Book Club Selection



 Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes

“Poignant and unforgettable, Crossing Oceans will break your heart — and then put the pieces back together again. This is an uplifting and inspiring tale that reminds us to live every day as if it’s our last.” -- Tess Gerritsen, New York Times Best-Selling Author

I discovered this new release recently and could not put it down. It is a beautiful story that shows the strength of parental love. And it reminds us how much our heavenly Father was willing to sacrifice for us. Below, author Gina Holmes shares insights about this must-read book.



We would love for you to join our ladies book club meeting in August if you live in the Montgomery, Ala., area. Or read the book and join in the discussion here on the blog. I can't wait for us to talk about this book!

You can find Crossing Oceans here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, This book sounds like wonderful choice. I am excited to read it. I have to finish "Savannah" first and I bought "Redeeming Love" but haven't had time to read it. I will though. This will be a great summer....refreshing and relaxing with all of my good books.

Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Memorial Day week-end.

Debbi

Melissa Lester said...

Debbi, I'm glad you will be reading along with us this summer. Although, I will warn you that this book is difficult to put down. I finished it within 12 hours, including several of the hours I should have been sleeping!

Brenda said...

I will definetely be reading this book this summer. I am reading a francine rivers book right now but will be checking with my library to see if they are getting this book. It does sound like one that would be hard to put down.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am in the Montgomery area and would love to join your August book club discussion. Can you give me some dates, times, etc.

Joyce Stewart

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I read the customer reviews (Crossing Oceans) on Amazon and they were ALL very good. Some of the readers said the same thing as you.....they couldn't put the book down.

Debbi

Melissa Lester said...

Joyce, we would love for you to join us! Our tentative date for the next meeting is Friday, August 27th, from 6:30-8:30 at the University Church of Christ in Montgomery. If you will share your e-mail address with me, I will keep you updated on all our plans.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am so excited about being able to join you. I have followed your blog for a couple of years now and anxiously await every post. My email is jste634838@aol.com.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin