Monday, May 3, 2010

Tooth Fairy Pillow

I was reluctant to take on this little project, secretly hoping that if I delayed making a tooth fairy pillow for Mary Ashley, I could slow her growing up. But despite my best efforts to keep her little, she has already lost her first two teeth within a week. To celebrate this exciting milestone, I made a little pillow from leftover fabric and lace from the heirloom dress I made for her last year.

She lost her two bottom teeth first, which you can see in the photos below.

In this pocket you will find
A teensy, tiny tooth of mine.
So while I sleep where dreams are made,
Let's see if you can make a trade.
-- Author Unknown
Mary Ashley's new smile.

"Other than a dimple in a cute little chin, what's more adorable than a toothless grin?" -- Azu "Betty" Espezia


Joanne Kennedy said...

What a darling pillow.

Isn't it sad to see they are growing up. Once the teeth come out and the big teeth come in there is no stopping them. Soon their looks change and it seems like every time you blink they grow another inch.

Where does the time go?


Gypsy Purple said...

Such a lovely post!!!!

Rach said...

How cute! The little pillow is so sweet.

Jan's Blog said...

This is the most beautiful toothless grin I have ever seen. The pillow is absolutely precious as well. Thanks for sharing yourself and your beautiful family with all of us.

Love Being a Nonny said...

Love the sweet tooth pillow AND her smocked outfit. She is precious...toothless or not!

Sharon said...

Such a precious post!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are just a wonderful mommy!!!!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

too, too sweet! I, too, had a Tooth Fairy pillow - may have helped me as an adult not inevitably stumble and lose the precious sandwich baggies shoved always under the furthest point of my li'l ones own pillows in the present.

Meiners lost his first two this week, as well. So funny - the twins had to wiggle and wiggle and wiggle those first ones. But not Meiners. I'm quite convinced they merely POPPED out.


Kat said...

Love that little pillow! sweet and so is her smile

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Being a former dental assistant of 13 years, I am especially fond of toothless grins! Congratulations on this milestone. LOVE the tooth fairy pillow!

Sean Butcher said...

I give two thumbs up for your daughter on her lost teeth! These tooth fairy treats are the ones adored by our kids, and parents are always making an effort to make their kids feel that pulling teeth is okay. My wife also does the same thing for our five daughters. After their appointment to their dentist (Myrtle beach-based), they always get cool treats from their tooth fairy (which was really made by their mom).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin