Thursday, May 13, 2010

Celebration Inspiration



Aren't these party hats darling?

Just this week I crossed cyber-paths with Boston party designer Kate Landers, and I think we might be two peas in a pod! Both of us discovered the joy of planning parties as children. At 5, I organized a surprise party for my kindergarten teacher and told my classmates what to bring. From age 10, Kate planned all of her younger sister's birthday parties. I think we both realized early on that the birthday party itself can be a gift, reminding our loved ones they are our cherished treasures.



Kate plans classic parties for children and has her own line of custom party goods. All of the products in this post are from her web site Kate Landers Events. From invitations and gift wrap to clothing and tableware, you will find so many treasures to swoon over.



You can see some of Kate's parties on her blog, and you can find even more inspiration on her newest site, Stylish Childrens Parties.



I am honored that Kate is featuring Emma's recent ballerina tea party as today's stylish party, and I look forward to exchanging more creative ideas in the future.

That's definitely worth putting on my party hat!

12 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Definitely swoon-worthy, but your creations are, too! You are two very talented ladies!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Little Red Shop said...

Jaw dropped....sooo cute!!!! My mom made a turtle be-decked cake for me for my 9th birthday...she hid it at the next-door neighbors house!

: )

Julie M.

Kim @ Frost Me! said...

her stuff is so adorable!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Anonymous said...

Such talented mommies you are ! What lucky children you have!

Debbi

Imjustagirl said...

I love Kate Landers!! I have been working with her on a few things and she has been absolutely wonderful!!

Kate Landers Events, LLC © 2009 said...

Thank you Melissa, for such a thoughtful, sweet, kind post! Your words mean so much to me, thank you! And thanks for sharing Emma's ballet tea party, it is stunning, and I look forward to staying in touch!

Kindly
Kate

Christina said...

Melissa, I love your post. You're an inspiration to my sometimes non creative mind.(must be the time of the year, just 10 more weeks till summer break). I always look forward to your next post.

Gr. Christina

Becky said...

You can plan all my parties for me! I love your cakes and all your decorations! How far are you willing to travel? :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

What sweet hats.
sandy toe

Kerrie said...

This is a very sweet site, love it!

Erika said...

My first time reading your blog was the week you featured the Ballerina Tea Party. I borrowed almost every idea from that blog for my own daughter's party (the theme fit her to a "T"). Thanks so much for the inspiration and the memories you've helped me create for my little ballerina.

Gardner said...

What sweet hats. sandy toe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin