Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cupcake Party: Let's Decorate!



The high point of Mary Ashley's party was decorating the cupcakes the girls baked. Before the party I told Mary Ashley I could give the girls a little lesson on cake decorating, but she didn't think she would need any pointers. When I asked why, she said, "Because you're my mommy, and I already watch everything you do." (That is a sobering reminder, but very sweet to hear.) I will let you be the judge of Mary Ashley's first cupcake.



I think she's right and needs no advice from me!



Here is our kitchen table set up for the girls to decorate. (Pink and green polka dotted balloons from The Sugar Diva.)



Party goods from Target gave us a worry-free work surface for decorating, and printables from Katy Larson added an adorable touch. 



My brother and sister-in-law gave me a lazy Susan for my birthday, and it gave the girls easy access to everything they would need to complete their cupcakes.



With party guests ranging in age from 4 to 7, I thought it would be better to provide icing flowers for the girls than to let them pipe them on. The roses above from Fancy Flours worked perfectly with our soft color scheme, and they reminded me of the paper roses from our invitation and the roses from the cupcake printables Katy designed.



Sprinkles from Michaels and Wal-Mart gave the girls plenty of options for dressing up their cupcakes. (Nearly two weeks later, I am still finding these everywhere!)



A bouquet of daisies added a touch of softness to the table, dropped into a small vase positioned in a larger vase and filled in with pastel jellybeans.



Emma Cate makes a masterpiece.



Our table was full of sprinkles and giggles. 



Completed cupcakes, finished off with cupcake toppers (2-inch scalloped cupcake circle designed by Katy Larson; pink scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby).

There is still more to come, so drop in for another round of cupcakes tomorrow!


Photos used with permission of Allison Hilyer Photography

Blog Widget by LinkWithin