Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cupcake Party: Wrap-Up



I hope you have enjoyed reliving Mary Ashley's 7th birthday party as much as I have. Many thanks to my friend Allison Hilyer for photographing the day.



Baking and decorating cupcakes with friends was the perfect way to celebrate turning 7.

Since posting for this party stretched more than a week, I am including this final post as a reference to all the great photos, projects and resources that made this such a memorable celebration.



The fun for this party started with the invitation: a sweet paper cupcake tucked into a cupcake box and finished off with ribbon and party information. Find the invitation here and directions for making paper roses here.




A soft color palette of pink, yellow and green created a soothing party space. Find more details on the party decor here.



For directions on making a silk floral cupcake centerpiece, visit this post.



Designer Katy Larson's adorable party printables were the icing on the cupcake at this party. Find out about her party-planning business here.



All the girls donned aprons and decorated chef hats when they arrived. More details about getting dressed to bake here.



Next we baked up some fun; join us in the kitchen here.



Decorating cupcakes was child's play here. And speaking of child's play ...



Unwrap gift ideas perfect for the little bakers in your life here.



Find sweet favor ideas here.



Thank you to the sweet little bakers who helped us bake some memories for Mary Ashley's birthday: (Top row, left to right) Gracie, Emma and Claire; (middle row) Emma Cate, Mary Ashley and Lynleigh; and (bottom row) Lizzie, Emma and Ann Welch. I hope you will join us in the kitchen again soon.



Happy Birthday, Cupcake!

Thank you to everyone who joined us for this cupcake celebration. I hope you will all enjoy mixing up some cupcakes soon. We are doing our part by sending a cupcake surprise to the reader who left this sweet comment:
"What a breath of fresh air you are. A dear friend of mine sent me your blog and I have been captivated. I am a southern girl down to my magnolia roots and and have recently been transplanted from Georgia to a state that doesn't appreciate sweet tea, monograms, smocking or magnolia blooms at Christmas. My list could go on but I am trying to be thankful and not have a complaining spirit! When I read your blog it is like sitting on the front porch of my old house with a sweet friend and I can just smell the jasmine and gardenias blooming around us. It has become a treat in my day! I made the raspberry cupcakes this morning and have 'prettied up' a happy to send to my niece because she loves raspberries. They are wonderful! Just wanted to say thank you for appreciating so many southern traditions and for being a bright light in this world. I am changed for 'meeting' you!"
Thank you, Shea! Please let me know how I can contact you.
 
There is more loveliness to come this month with Valentine's Day just around the corner, so please drop in when you need a little love!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin