Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pennies for Your Thoughts


"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought; this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. " -- Norbet Platt

Pretty note cards encourage me to pause to say thank you, get well soon or I miss you. The simple ritual of writing letters keeps us connected to loved ones and reminds us how blessed we are. And what a pleasure it is to discover a handwritten note in the mailbox these days!

I am always on the lookout for pretty stationery, and I'm so pleased with the personalized note cards I just received from VistaPrint. This web site offers free printing on limited quantities of business cards, stationery and office supplies. I just ordered 250 full-color business cards, 20 linen-finish note cards printed with my name on the front and blog address on the back, a personalized pen for myself, and personalized key chain for son Carson -- all for $16! Register your e-mail address to find out about special offers.

A pretty note card deserves a pretty writing utensil. Make a flower pen like the one pictured by hot gluing ribbon to the bottom of an ink pen and winding the ribbon up the pen. Secure with a few dots of hot glue as you go, and seal the top with a bead of glue before winding the ribbon around one final time. Hot glue a silk bloom to the end of the pen, and tie ribbons around the "stem." Tuck flower pens into gift baskets, use them as party favors, or keep a cluster in a vase to remind yourself to pause to write a letter to someone special.

7 comments:

Momma Rae and the Deputy said...

I lovepenpalling :) It reminds me of happy go lucky Junior High days :)

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Hi Melissa!
I agree with you - putting our sentiments on pretty paper and taking the effort of mailing something thoughtful to a friend or loved one is pretty special these days. During the holidays I love going to the mailbox and finding handwritten notes and cards! I will check out the VistaPrint link. I love to purchase pretty note cards and stationary. I am really in to monograms right now. Thanks for the idea on how to make a pretty flower pen. Sweet! :-)
Warmly,
Alisa

Just a little something from Judy said...

Another gorgeous post!! Love that stationery and the pen. Melissa, you sure know how to create beauty on your blog. Do you ever tire of hearing me say this? Thanks for the web site of VistaPrint.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm familiar with this company, and they have stock that is both attractive and reasonable. We used the paricular print you have there, Melissa, as in invitation to a party. I love it!

I found some very cute notecards recently at Marshalls that had matching envelopes. The cards are white edged in a bright green. Inside the envelope is lined with a green fretwork in the same shade of green. There were 20 cards in the box. I think they figure to be about 20 cents each including envelope. But I love ones that are personalized with a name and address. These were fill-ins because I had run out of my others, and they worked nicely.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sharon said...

You are such an amazing mom! I really loved the story time tea picnic. If you get a second, come over to my blog to see what else we have in common! I wish I had more of your energy though!! And loveliness!! What a precious family you are raising!!

julie said...

Melissa! I just love your blog and posts! This one really hit home with me! I love all the little details you do for your children and I want to copy! I am really good at the birthday parties but I want to be better at the everyday things! Thanks for the inspiration!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I just received my stationery catalog in the mail and will definitely order something nice!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin