Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Strawberry Pie

Light and refreshing, my mother's strawberry pie recipe is one our whole family looks forward to when strawberries are at their peak.


Strawberry Pie

To keep the hot gelatin mixture from seeping out of the pie shells and making a mess in my refrigerator, I place each pie shell tin on a dinner plate to catch any drips.

2 pie crusts, cooked
2 pounds fresh strawberries, sliced
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 small packages sugar-free strawberry Jello
1 large container Cool Whip

Put cut strawberries in cooked crusts. Bring to boil water, sugar and jello, stirring constantly. Cool slightly and pour over strawberries. When ready to serve, cover with Cool Whip. Makes two 9" pies.

6 comments:

Ariadone said...

Dear Melissa,
How delicious, we all love strawberries and pie over here and I am goging to try it, Instead of gelatine I'll use agar, for we are vegetarians. I hope it will work out just as delicious. Yhank you and have a wonderful day.
Ariadone
Godeliva

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This looks delicious, Melissa! Not only is it pretty, but I bet it tastes divine!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Yummy!! This looks SO good! I'll definitely add it to my recipe box!
(By the way, the word verification I got is "pastor" -- too funny!!)

Ms. Elaine said...

I have been enjoying your blog for sometime now. I love the pictures and the recipes. It is fun to see your girls in the cute classic outfits. My passion is children's sewing and I have done it for over 30 years now....smocking, applique and all the rest are just too cute. I also enjoy seeing the activities you do with your children. It gives me ideas of things to do with my grandchildren Thanks for the inspriation your blog gives!

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Hello Melissa!
It is nice to meet you. This is my first visit to your site and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have added myself as a follower so I can keep up with you inspiring ideas, great recipes and enteraining ideas. I am also adding you to my blogroll. I noticed that you are a speaker too. After many years of speaking in our local church I've just launched a new ladies ministry with my best friend called Life & Style by God's Design. What do you do to market yourself as a speaker and to obtain future engagements? Look forward to getting better acquainted. Warmly,
Aisa

Carla said...

Hi Melissa

I was wondering about the use of sugar free jello? Usually you don't boil aspartame...and you have sugar included, so I thought you might have an explanation before I go and try to reinvent the wheel with this recipe!

Thanks
Carla

Blog Widget by LinkWithin