Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Up, Up and Away

Carson's recent birthday closed out our six-month string of family birthdays.



Six months of candles, cupcakes and confetti.



An exciting time full of balloons and birthday weeks.



The children are growing so fast, and how quickly the candles are filling their birthday cakes! Like balloons, it seems the years are taking them up, up and away.



But for now, I will hold on to them as long as I can.

As much as I love celebrating my children's birthdays, I'm also grateful for a few months to feel that time has slowed a bit. For a few months no one will get a year older. And without birthday parties to plan, I'm looking forward to celebrating the little moments of togetherness that make every day special.


7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Such wisdom! You are so right.. from the other side I can tell you it all goes much too fast. Then they are confident young adults making choices and choosing pathways that often mean we need to be content with being part of their lives from the sidelines :) Marilyn

Sandy Toes said...

Wow....you have the parties!!! What sweet pictures.

sandy toe

Bahama Shores Mama said...

I love that my 4 kids birthday are spread out......as it allows me to recover after each one and when the next one comes I am recharged enough to focus on the special day. My friend also has 4 and they are all within 6 weeks. It is such a crazy time of year for her. (her birthday also falls during that time) I wouldn't want to trade places with her.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Mary Ashley gets prettier every time I see a photo of her! And I have never quite seen such a resemblance between her and Carson as she shows us in those first few photos you shared here today. Here's to a few months of just enjoying the little things...

Blessings, My Friend!
Karin

Becky said...

I love the way that you look at life! And the pics with the colorful balloons are beautiful! I would love to see one where it is black and white with the pop of balloon colors...that is teh phase I am in right now I guess...think it would be neat...But they are already great pics!!! If you have any version of photoshop, it is super easy to do...

♥ bfs~"Mimi" ♥ said...

So beautiful! Count your many blessings! Name them one by one.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

love your blog....Hope you will stop by my blog. I gave you an award.....It was my first award.....Have great weekend.

Teresa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin