Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthday Boutique Menu

The food was all in good taste at my niece Kadence's first birthday party.


I made Kadence's cake, a ribbon-wrapped two-tiered strawberry cake with buttercream icing. Black ribbon woven through the serving platter coordinated with the cake's black monogram.


Kadence enjoyed digging in to this smaller monogrammed cake! The square plate belonged to my late grandmother. I had it in my cupboard awaiting the perfect occasion to bring it out, and it suited Kadence's Birthday Boutique perfectly.

Chocolate-dipped strawberries are always a classic choice. Shana made these, and they went fast!

Besides cake and chocolate-dipped strawberries, the party menu included fruit and caramel dip, lemonade, wheat crackers and a zesty ranch dip.


Ranch Salsa Dip

8 ounces light cream cheese
8 ounces light sour cream
1 ounce Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing mix
10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles (mild or regular), well drained

Mix all ingredients, adding one at a time, then chill. Serve with Wheat Thins.

12 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I've enjoyed going to this party with you, Melissa! It's been lots of fun, and the cake is adorable.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I felt like I was at the party...You are amazing.

Hope you will visit my Christmas blog...http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

MY_CRAFT_AND_ART_CREATIONS said...

just perfect!!
great job!!

Shaorn said...

MMM ... pretty cake

Rach said...

What a cute menu! Very child friendly. Love the mini cake!

Nishant said...

It's been lots of fun, and the cake is adorable.
Work From Home

Nancy said...

love that plate, girl! What pattern is it?! What a fun way to celebrate a girl's special day :)

Sandy Toes said...

That dip sounds wonderful!
sandy toe

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Hi Melissa!
Oh my! You are incredibly talented! I just marvel at the lovely creations you turn out. What ability. I love the way you weave the pretty ribbon in the platters and cake stands. Very clever! Hopefully the birthday girl had a wonderful first birthday!
Warmly,
Alisa

Mary Beth said...

The cakes were beautiful! You are so talented. I love little-girl-birthdays!!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

The creative ideas and the amazing recipes I receive from my visits to your blog, make it seem like Christmas with each visit. Thank you so much for so generously sharing.

A few weeks ago, my sister made some of your lemon bars from one of your previous posts. Everyone commented about how delicious they were, and of course, she gave you the credit.

Live.Love.Eat said...

That cake is amazing, just beautiful. And the dip????? I am SO making that and SOON!!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin