Monday, October 12, 2009

One Wild Birthday

We went wild for Joe's birthday over the weekend with all of his favorites: food, family and football! Keeping in mind that fourth "F" Joe thinks about -- finances -- I knew I needed to keep our celebration economical. But I just couldn't stop myself from going wild!


With wildflowers, that is! The boys and I stopped by an abandoned field on our way home from the morning's football games to gather some of the wildflowers I have been admiring in our area. Clustered into a blue-and-white pitcher, they really looked stunning on the dining room table.


With a soft blue quilt, blue-and-white Spode china, and white pumpkin soup bowls, we were ready to enjoy Joe's favorite football Saturday supper: Chili!


Happy Birthday, Joe!

I hope our simple celebration showed Joe that we are wild about him!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin