Monday, October 12, 2009

One Wild Birthday

We went wild for Joe's birthday over the weekend with all of his favorites: food, family and football! Keeping in mind that fourth "F" Joe thinks about -- finances -- I knew I needed to keep our celebration economical. But I just couldn't stop myself from going wild!


With wildflowers, that is! The boys and I stopped by an abandoned field on our way home from the morning's football games to gather some of the wildflowers I have been admiring in our area. Clustered into a blue-and-white pitcher, they really looked stunning on the dining room table.


With a soft blue quilt, blue-and-white Spode china, and white pumpkin soup bowls, we were ready to enjoy Joe's favorite football Saturday supper: Chili!


Happy Birthday, Joe!

I hope our simple celebration showed Joe that we are wild about him!

8 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gorgeous! I love wildflowers, and the golden rod in the blue pitcher is just perfect. And I love your pumpkin soup bowls, Melissa. Those are just darling. I know Joe had a wonderful birthday, and I add my best wishes.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rach said...

Beautiful centerpiece Melissa! Looks like it was a wonderful birthday party.

I might try that chilli recipie. We are having a "chilli cookoff" here at work.

Sue said...

I LOVED this "wild" birthday idea. I look forward to reading your blog each day. YOU are so creative and I continue to be amazed at what you do.

Brenda Leyland said...

What a lovely site you have! A real treat for the soul!

This is my first time visit, but I'll be back.

It's sooooo wonderful to meet so many bloggers who add such beauty to our world...........

Sharing in the joy with you!

Julie A. Cox said...

I love your soup bowls!!! So fun!

Couture de Papier said...

Hi Beautiful! Blue and yellow very French and popular in my area! Stunning!

Marilyn said...

Thank you so much for visiting & following my blog! I came to yours & saw the most beautiful Autumn table setting... I adore Spode.... Especially the Christmas Spode!!
Happy Birthday to Joe!!
Hope to blog with you for a long time!!
Love,
Marilyn

Sandy Toes said...

Oh..that is so beautiful!
sandy toe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin