Monday, October 5, 2009

"They Love Me ..."

"They love me lots!"

That is what my little niece Kadence must have been thinking when friends and family gathered Saturday to celebrate her first birthday. I am still sorting through the hundreds of pictures my dad, brother and I took during the party, but these images will give you just a little glimpse of the fun to come this week as I share details from Kadence's party.



Tie ribbons around a simple bud vase to create bands of color like I did for whimsical arrangements at Kadence's party.

First birthday parties are a great way to mark a precious milestone in a child's life, as well as to celebrate a couple's first year of parenting. Choosing a party theme can be the most difficult aspect of planning the party. I like to suggest that the theme have some family significance. In the case of my brother and sister-in-law, daughter Kadence has inspired her mom to learn to make hair bows. Shana even sells them now in several area boutiques! Nathan is an avid photographer, and Kadence is an adorable muse for his artwork. So I suggested that they plan to incorporate Nathan's photography and Shana's ribbon in invitations, decor and favors. One of Kadence's favorite items is the blue boa she received at Mary Ashley's Fancy Nancy party when she was 3 months old. (Didn't I say you're never too young to be fancy?) So putting all these together, Nathan and Shana developed the perfect birthday party theme ...

Kadence's Birthday Boutique!



Add a dollop of daisies to a ribbon-wrapped vase to add a touch of style to party tables.

You won't want to miss the grand opening of Kadence's Birthday Boutique, so stop in throughout the week for the latest trends in first-birthday party fun -- from wardrobe basics to this season's most stylish accessories!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin