Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Falling for Emma in Pink and Green

Although we are enjoying the last blossoms on our pretty pink azaleas, Emma will bloom throughout the fall in pink and green.



I used New Look pattern 6880 for Emma's knit pants, although I made a more generous ruffle. Find this fun floral-print fabric at Hobby Lobby.



This long-sleeved tee from Wal-Mart -- bought on clearance last year at the end of the season -- blooms this fall with a personalized applique. I adapted the "Simply Spring Applique Too" design to coordinate with Emma's floral pants. Download this and other free embroidery machine designs from Bunnycup Embroidery here.



Topping off Emma's new fall outfit is a matching headband I made by recovering a fabric headband from Wal-Mart. (See this post for a tutorial on making personalized headbands from dollar store headbands.)

And now Emma is dressed up for the crafting party Kim hosts every Tuesday at Today's Creative Blog!



11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Pink and green are my two favorite colors. Emma looks so cute!

Rach said...

Pink and Green reminds me of my sorority, Delta Zeta! Really really cute outfit!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Love the material. Love those ruffly pants!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Precious materials in perfect colors, and an adorable model. Loved how this turned out, Melissa.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Caitlin Driver said...

Dear Aunt Melissa.
I just love Emma's cute outfit and would love to have one in my size!
Love,
Caitlin

Christina said...

She is a real beauty queen. I love those colours on her. Beautifully made....chapeau!

gr. christina

glor said...

How adorable ... the outfit and your little one. So, so sweet.

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

That is so cute!!! You are so talented!

Judy said...

I'm so glad you posted the pattern for the pants. I've been wanting to make some for Taylor but haven't had the time to look through pattern books.

Saw your beautiful family tonight at Ding How. They are so well behaved. You done good girl!

Hugs!
Judy

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity. Would you share the sewing machine you use for your projects and to create your wonderful monograms?

Melissa Lester said...

Sure, I have an Ellure, the lowest-end embroidery and sewing machine by Babylock. I love it! Thank you for the compliment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin