Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Roses

Let your soup bowls overflow with autumn's splendor!



I love my white pumpkin soup bowls! These came from Lillian Vernon a couple of years ago, but I can't find them on the site now. When they are not filled with favorite fall recipes like chicken-vegetable chowder, they can lose their lids for favorite fall flowers.



I found these golden-orange flowers at Fresh Market. Simply cut floral foam to fit the soup bowl, and soak it according to package directions. Cut floral stems short (at an angle), and insert the stems into the foam. Forage for berries and foliage, and tuck the stems into the arrangement.



Then add warmth to your table with some "souper" fall color!


10 comments:

my craft and art creations said...

what a beautiful picture!!!
i love roses no matter what collor have!!
Greetings from Greece!!

Elise said...

aren't they just the most beautiful colour, especially at this time of year ?

Sylvia said...

There are some similar pumpkin bowls on Ebay right now.

Rach said...

Very pretty colors! Funny you posted this today. I'm actually hosting an "Autumn Splendor Lunch" this Sunday which will be featuring your chowder!

Lynn said...

What a lovely arrangement. The roses and those littl bowls go beautifully together. I have seen those bowls or similiar ones recently. I think Home Goods. Love the color of the roses for this time of year.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I agree, Melissa, that is some "souper" color!

Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about the mailing. I left it somewhere, and it will be several more weeks before I get there to retrieve it. It might even get to you by the time your kids graduate from high school. ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Those soup bowls are adorable and they look so beautiful with the flowers!!!

Brenda Leyland said...

Gorgeous roses --- what a beauteous colour! Perfect for our favourite time of year. And they look wonderful in your white pumpkin bowls!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

what a geogeous picture....your blog inspires me....

danielle-laryn said...

gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin