Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Frilly Floral Cupcakes

Wouldn't you love to pause during your busy day for a cup of tea and one of these frothy pink cupcakes?


I hope that when our elementary school teachers stepped into the teachers lounge yesterday, these lemon cupcakes with ribbons of buttercream icing transported them far from their bustling classrooms to the quiet serenity of a favorite tea room.




Whether prepared for Teacher Appreciation Week or afternoon tea, a frilly floral cupcake is sure to please.

One recipe of buttercream icing yields enough icing for two dozen cupcakes. To create a variegated color effect in the flowers, use a hand mixer to distribute pink icing paste through the icing, stopping before the color is completely mixed in. To make ruffled cupcakes, use an angled decorating tip 108 or 125. Hold the icing bag in one hand and the cupcake in the other. With the point of the decorating tip angled toward the cupcake, apply even pressure to cover the cupcake in a ribbon of icing, rotating the cupcake as you go. You can wind the ruffles from the outside in or from the inside out. If needed for definition, pipe a little rosebud in the center of the cupcake.

18 comments:

Allidink said...

How pretty! I bet they just loved them! They are so much nicer than regular frosted cupcakes, but hey I don't discriminate between cupcakes they are all yummy to me :) LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Ariadone said...

Good morning, OHHH....Melissa....beautiful...what a lucky teachers to be this appreciated and have this present to them...you are such a sweet woman..Have a wonderful day
Ariadone: Godeliva

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I know that the teachers appreciated the beautiful cupcakes and felt very special. I know I would have!

Sandy Toes said...

So very pretty!
sandy toe

Christina said...

hmmmmm....I wish I was one of those lucky teachers.....

E and T said...

Hi Melissa

Frilly + floral + cupcakes = bliss. As a former teacher, I know I would have delighted in such a thoughtful and kind gift.

Elise

Lisa said...

I KNOW the teachers were thrilled to have these beautiful (and I'm sure delicious)cupcakes to enjoy.

Grace at Home said...

Almost too pretty to eat...almost! (smile) May I invite myself over for tea? (wink)

Jan's Blog said...

These are just precious, as is everything you do. Thank you for visiting and please do come often as I'm going to be doing several giveaways...actually quite a few in the next few months. Time to speed things along. Thank you for inquiring about my health...and I want to say that thanks to many prayers I'm struggling, but Heavenly Father has given me the comfort and grace to find a positive in every aspect of my life. Hugs, Jan

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Those are so pretty! I've been wanting to make some of those too! Your kid's teachers must adore you!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Perfection!

XO,

Sheila :-)

♥Mimi♥ said...

I have a question about the frosting. I've been searching for a buttercream that isn't all sweet and sugary. One that keeps a consistency of Crisco...all floofy and soft, but not too soft and the most important part is that it isn't all sweet and full of sugar to the point where your teeth curl their toes.

What's your opinion of this frosting?

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

The teachers must have felt completely spoiled. These are just stunning!

Cari said...

Those are some of the most beautiful cupcakes I have ever seen! I bet they taste wonderful too :)

S. Belle said...

These are absolutely beautiful!!!How inspiring and pretty. I am definitely going to try to make these.

T. Brodie said...

PLEASE don't tell me that these were at my school and I missed them! They look wonderful! I have an early break, so they had the breakfast things out. I knew I should have gone back!

LenkaLovee said...

those look delicious! and so gorgeous! :)

diseƱo web valencia said...

Gosh, there is really much worthwhile data here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin