Monday, May 25, 2009

Grillin' and Chillin'

For an easy holiday dessert, scoop vanilla ice cream into a waffle bowl and top with sweetened strawberries and blueberries.

Before you fire up the grill today, I invite you to watch my brother-in-law's entry in Lowe's Spring Dream Challenge. David is a Top Five Finalist in this nationwide contest, and if his video wins, he and my sister will win some great prizes for their backyard. To see his hilarious video, visit http://www.youtube.com/lowes and click "Vote." Choose the category "Relaxing Outdoor Retreat" and the video "TheOldFlame14." Don't forget to vote!

Happy Memorial Day!

7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a pretty dessert. Happy Memorial Day, Melissa, to you and your precious family! And I'm off to watch the video...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie said...

Melissa, I agree...very funny! I love it...I wish him the best of luck ;). Have a great Memorial day!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I just found your blog and it is lovely!

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

I just voted! Oh my gosh was that hilarious!!! It was so professionally done too! Loved the tears and "grillfriend" line!

titus2woman said...

OH YUM! Your blog is beautiful, your ballerinas lovely, your ballet slipper cookies just THE CUTEST! I love it here! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Nancy said...

I voted! and it was worth voting for! Cute!!! Keep us informed :) love the photo of the dessert ~ made me hungry ;)

Jennifer Driver said...

Thanks for adding the link to your blog too! Voting has closed now, so we just have to wait. He should find out the first week of June. Hopefully we'll have good news!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin