Friday, May 29, 2009

Baked Ziti

I was introduced to this easy recipe years ago by a friend in Tennessee who served it for a church youth devotional. A great dish for teens, baked ziti is easy to prepare and stretches to feed a crowd. It freezes well, so I usually divide the recipe to make one ziti for my family and one to save. Baked ziti is perfect for delivering to a shut-in, but it's also a great go-to for my family when I would rather craft than cook.

Baked Ziti

Cherie Dempster from Morristown, Tenn., shared this recipe with me.

16-ounce box ziti, cooked and drained
2-3 cups shredded mozzarella
2 packages sliced mozzarella
1 large jar spaghetti sauce with 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 pound ground beef browned with chopped onion
1 pound ricotta cheese
1 egg

Mix shredded mozzarella with cooked ziti and put in a lasagna pan. Mix ricotta with egg and spread over noodles. Pour sauce mixed with beef over ricotta. Place slices of mozzarella on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

(Note: In typing out this recipe, I realized I omitted the sliced mozzarella from the top of the ziti. The dish was still good, but I would recommend using it.)


10 comments:

Allidink said...

Oh my that looks soooo good! I love baked Italian dishes mmm :) Thanks for this recipe :)

All the best,
Allison

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Yum...I'm passing this along to Legare. He'd enjoy the ziti and it isn't too complicated for him to prepare in his little kitchen.

Anonymous said...

How many does your Ziti serve?

Also, our congregation would like to schedule you for our Ladies' Day in Feb. Please let me know how to schedule this.
brannand@calhounschools.org

Angie said...

The baked ziti looks amazing. I'll have to pass the recipe on to my mother who loves baked ziti (sadly I'm allergic).

Three plus Me said...

This sounds wonderful! My family loves anything with a "red sauce", so I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Kris said...

Leslie,
I too make this same baked ziti all the time! It is the easiest dish to make for my family or to entertain with! I use ground turkey to make it healthier!

Kris said...

Melissa,

Sorry about calling you Leslie... I don't have any idea where that came from and I did not catch it until after I posted! Ha!

Side by Side said...

Thank you...I am making this for dinner tonight.

I love delicious easy to prepare meals for my family.

sex shop said...

So, I do not really consider it may have success.

Anonymous said...

rhhkt aaupf モンクレーダウンコート モンクレール モンクレーダウンコート fqgif fpegfu Blogger: A Little Loveliness - Post a Comment atspmec ダウンジャケット ブランド モンクレール ダウン ダウンジャケット モンクレール レディース onnahkr ogolt モンクレール ダウンジャケット モンクレール激安 moncler ジャケット ztkrwbjk bottes ugg origine ugg france bottes ugg qu�bec pvmmwipk

Blog Widget by LinkWithin