Monday, June 22, 2009

Flip-Flop Invitations

The girls are so excited to host their preschool friends Emma and Lizzy for a poolside tea party this afternoon!

I couldn't resist these adorable print-your-own invitations by Plain Jane, picked up on clearance from Hobby Lobby. But you can easily format flip-flop invitations on the computer by resizing a flip-flop graphic to the desired size and adding a text box with party information. Print the invitations on card stock or scrapbook paper, and cut out the flip-flops. Use a hole punch or craft knife to cut each side of the toe area, and thread coordinating ribbon through. Finish off the invitations with a cute bow, and guests are sure to flip for these flip-flops!

I will be sharing photos, crafts and recipes from our flip-flop themed celebration this week, so please come back daily!

13 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Can't wait to see the whole party. Those invites are darling! Love the ribbon on them. Very cute.

Hugs,
Joanne

Elise said...

Melissa, is there no end to your skills ?

If anyone can point me towards a flip flop graphic I'd be really grateful - I have yet to find one as suitable as these !

E and T said...

Hi Melissa

That is one gorgeous invitation that the guests would take much delight in displaying.

I am looking forward to hearing more about this celebration.

Elise

Anita said...

Very cute...sounds like it will be a great party!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Those are just darling, Melissa! I bet the girls were thrilled to get them. :-)

Sorry I've been MIA of late. Lots of things have been going on, and I am going to be a sporadic poster the next few weeks. Hopefully, I will be back soon.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Melissa Lester said...

Elise, I have found cute graphics in my Microsoft Word program. What you really need is a shape you like, and you can delete all the extra design elements. Then print on colorful scrapbook paper with a cute font, and you have the makings of a great invitation!

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

OOoh can't wait!! I love it when you entertain, you have the best ideas!!

P.S. I took my daughter to see UP and she *LOVED* it -- it was a fantastic afternoon, thank you again for your recommendation!!

Nancy said...

how cute is this! hope everyone has a blast :)

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Those are so cute! You are so good at this, you could easily step into the job of an event planner professionally!

Amanda said...

just picked these up at HL too! so fun!

Lisa said...

Those are too cute! Can't wait to see the decorations!

dmills said...

Hope you share how to make those adorable flip flops that were the party favors.

Dianne

Melissa Lester said...

Yes, Dianne, that tutorial is coming up tomorrow!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin